Marantz PM66 KI tweeks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rowemeister said:
FARNELL 306-5856

Just check yours is 2.2K as standard. I assume they are the same pcb.

Also do you have a copy of your amps cct. I'm interested to see what diff there are if any.

Brent

Sorry - we posted at the same time.

Mine's a 66KI - Thomo sent me the PM-6010SE service manual as they are similar. If you want it I'll mail it to you.

rowemeister said:
I've looked at the PM6010 manual and I can confirm it is identical inside in everyway appart from the output transistors (which are still the same Watts).

Brent

Quick work Chief Inspector Rowe!

By the way the 6010 manual says set bias for 10mV (50mA).
What does the 66 manual say? The same?

By the way Brent, are you branching out?

I'm sure you've seen that but I thought it might give Simon a giggle if he hasn't.:D

Trainers who don't bite...:D

Just to keep people up to date.

I bought a spare pm66KI to try out new mods on before I add them to the beast.
I have it running on 150W output transistors with no problems at all. Also due to me buying the ATC speakers the amp needs to be at a higher volume to power them (85db). And the small heatsinks run quite hot.
I now have a pair of custom heatsinks on order.Using thicker aluminium and taller (100mm compared to 65mm).
I will update when they arrive.

Brent

Well the voltage rails are +/- 45V now with the extra TX. They were 38V before. The PM17 is 45V with 125W transistors and the output circuit is the same. The PM17 is specced @ 80W into 8 ohm.
Therefore I conclude 80W is the ball part figure.

Simon you heard it running the other night with my standard 100W transistors, would you say it delivers more than the stated 60W?

Brent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.