Marantz CD85 or Philips CD880 schematics or service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Van Hal,
Thanks for the reply. I checked with these guys and they only had the duestch version that seems to be so common. I wonder if they made a english version. I just need to align a cdm1MkII laser pickup. I have no way to know how to adjust the motor drive pot which was accidently bumped. If anyone knows the test points and the scope values I should see in playback mode it would be greatly appredciated. From looking at the duetch version it looks as there is a mechanical alignment that must also take place. Any translation on this portion of manual would be appreciated. Also I know a phillips #5 disc is almost impossible to find. Does anyone know a very close substitute that could be used to align this pickup. Donald

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Donald.
I do not have the cd880 info, but do have a set for the
Arcam Delta 170, this also has CDM1 MK2. It does have a section regarding Laser alignment, and is in English !
If you wish to have a copy just pm me.
(Other CDM1 MK2 machines may also be an option)
All the best.

Help with my Philips CD880

Hi All,

This looks like a great forum for all kinds of audio stuff. So I joined, and hope to contribute where I can. I am looking for a service manual for a Philips CD880 in English? I have found in the past German, Dutch, and Italian, but no English. This Philips cd player gets a read error when a disk is inserted. I had previously changed all the capacitors in the unit as I found two leaking. I can see the laser is emiting light and the arm does move. not sure of the readability and would like to use a scope to look at the signals in order to troubleshoot. Any help would be appreciated.

Van Hal,
Thanks for the reply. I checked with these guys and they only had the duestch version that seems to be so common. I wonder if they made a english version. I just need to align a cdm1MkII laser pickup. I have no way to know how to adjust the motor drive pot which was accidently bumped. If anyone knows the test points and the scope values I should see in playback mode it would be greatly appredciated. From looking at the duetch version it looks as there is a mechanical alignment that must also take place. Any translation on this portion of manual would be appreciated. Also I know a phillips #5 disc is almost impossible to find. Does anyone know a very close substitute that could be used to align this pickup. Donald

CD-CHECK (test disc for CD player evaluation and maintenance)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.