Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Whilst we're discussing the DOS, I recently powered my output stage with a sep power supply (15V toroidal + smoothing caps + power regulator – all mounted externally in a sep box – hard-wired down to the circuit board at U216 and U218). I have also fitted LME49720HA op amps as well as bypassed the HDAMs.

Anyone done what I have done and then gone on to fit a sep DOS? Will a separate DOS sound better than my current set-up? I'm wondering whether the SQ improvement will make it worthwhile.

Whilst we're discussing the DOS, I recently powered my output stage with a sep power supply (15V toroidal + smoothing caps + power regulator – all mounted externally in a sep box – hard-wired down to the circuit board at U216 and U218). I have also fitted LME49720HA op amps as well as bypassed the HDAMs.

Anyone done what I have done and then gone on to fit a sep DOS? Will a separate DOS sound better than my current set-up? I'm wondering whether the SQ improvement will make it worthwhile.
I think the SQ from your mod should sound good when compare with DOS. if you want some more improvement why not change all the 120pf filtering caps around the opamps to MKT ones. If you have also changed the 7812 and 7912 regulators with low noise regulators like the one from Fidelity Audio you can try discrete opamps (like Burson or GD-Audio) for further improvements in SQ.

Last edited:
I think the SQ from your mod should sound good when compare with DOS. if you want some more improvement why not change all the 120pf filtering caps around the opamps to MKT ones. If you have also changed the 7812 and 7912 regulators with low noise regulators like the one from Fidelity Audio you can try discrete opamps (like Burson or GD-Audio) for further improvements in SQ.

Thanks Higlander for the advice. I have set up low noise power regs on my daughter boards in my 'power supply' box. I will discuss with my guru putting different filter caps around the opamps. I'll stick with my present opamps for now, having only recently purchased them... but I'll definitely consider this change for the future.

Got my new 12v regs installed into my DOS board now. Just a quick and dirty job for now.

IMG_20130617_143331.jpg

IMG_20130617_143317.jpg

It's pretty busy in there now!
IMG_20130617_143237.jpg

Sounds really proper lovely now :) Real good sense of the ambience of the environment the recording was made in now :cool:

The output with the DOS plus the SRPP valve stage is pretty damn loud. 25% volume on my preamp is kind of as loud as I'd ever want it.
I could lose 20db and it would be about the right level. I guess I can change something in the SRPP circuit to adjust it's gain, but that's way over my head...

nice job

Got my new 12v regs installed into my DOS board now. Just a quick and dirty job for now.

IMG_20130617_143331.jpg

IMG_20130617_143317.jpg

It's pretty busy in there now!
IMG_20130617_143237.jpg

Sounds really proper lovely now :) Real good sense of the ambience of the environment the recording was made in now :cool:

The output with the DOS plus the SRPP valve stage is pretty damn loud. 25% volume on my preamp is kind of as loud as I'd ever want it.
I could lose 20db and it would be about the right level. I guess I can change something in the SRPP circuit to adjust it's gain, but that's way over my head...

getting a bit busy in there lol.Nice job tho:D