Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Aaarrrgghhh! No forum emails again!!!

Anyway.. Shep you will always have edge / spittiness etc until you run all the digital chips on their own low noise supplies. I am a believer in you hear your psu's. I get so called high end cdps here at work where the player is based on a cheaper Sony or Philips etc and they make the output better, yes they sound better than the player they're based on but still have that edge, that digital nastiness that can only be removed with psu improvements.
Figures...hell it's only money :eek:

The C1 improves quite abit by running it off a dedicated psu, the C1 as standard uses a very low noise 3.3V Vref regulator but benefits from isolation.

Brent

Undo the ribbon to the front pcb. Power up with disc in drive and see if reads and goes into self play after 30 seconds. Of course you wont have any display so you need it connected to your amp if you are not sure if its actually playing

Brent

OK, did that. Disc spun up for a few secs, stopped , then spun up again a few secs and stopped. Same as with the ribbon plugged in. Thanks for helping me on this, Steve

I have the strut brace. I don't see how to put a second plate. The bottom of the 67 is all lumps and bumps. How did they make the 63 with a bottom plate? Maybe it's doubled from inside? Actually it's all the add-ons that have put the machine out of ballance, even with four cones. Don't know if it makes much dif. but I like the idea of a chassis sitting squarely on it's feet!

I've got 2x KI bottom plates fitted on mine sandwiching bitumen with the top plate being bonded with aluminium paste to the chassis ;)

The standard chassis without the 1.5mm steel plate is pretty flimsy, the plate is on the outside and is cut to fit around the raised tx area.

Shep you need a faulty KI so you can swap the tx and drop it all into the new chassis.

Brent

I know, you keep saying that! Regarding the ebony cones: I will go out on a thin limb and say they maybe bring a slight relaxation. On the minus side they are short (my choice) so it's hard to get them in the right place. Also they are alarmingly slippery so the player is a moveable feast! I am following the sellers advice and not attaching them with sticky tape or anything. Makes sort of sense but highly impractical. The way the 67 is made, the weight is not at all evenly ballanced. IF I ever came across a junked KI ( fat chance in the French country-side) I'll be sure to canabalize!