Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd post here, since this seems to be an active topic (1300 pages!). Possibly the largest forum I have came across - ever.

I have a problem with my Marantz CD63II KI, in that I have distortion on one channel only. What could be the problem, and how do I fix it? If by fixing it I can upgrade something, then so be it ;)

Thanks

Marko

CD5000/6000 tray

Hi guys,

Apologies for the off-topic but I know some of you have had one of these.

Is there some trick to removing the cd tray in a cd5000/6000? It doesn't seem to want to go through the front panel forwards or backwards. Is there some little catch or lever that I'm not seeing?

Regards

Pete

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd post here, since this seems to be an active topic (1300 pages!). Possibly the largest forum I have came across - ever.

I have a problem with my Marantz CD63II KI, in that I have distortion on one channel only. What could be the problem, and how do I fix it? If by fixing it I can upgrade something, then so be it ;)

Thanks

Marko

Check the output sockets for dry joints and also swap the opamps for something like the LM4562NA or LME49720HA. While the pcb is out have a good check around for dry joints on the dac etc

Brent

Sorry to hear of your loss Steve:(

This time its taken 2hrs to get on here!!! had to re set password 4 times!!:no:

Had a slight prob last week... a certain person decided to play the hifi at almost full vol (whilst drunk) i came back to upset neighbours and 2 dead tweeters:headshot:

kef replacements are £43 each i have a decision to make replace tweets buy different and remount or find replacement speakers

with no cash i'm stuck with the old celestion 5s:violin: