Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Hello.

This is not a best topic for this question but I know that here are right people present.

Ray: I heard from Brent that you might have analog filter component values for fitting the discrete output stage to CD-17 KI. I have this discrete output stage now on CD67SE and I might be moving those to CD-17 MK2 KI. Brent told that some mods might be needed.

Ps. I couldn't find Ray's email address anywhere and I have not made enough post to forum to send private email. Sorry.

Mikko, from Finland

Cans

Behold, the cans...

Attachments

• cans_1.jpg
    cans_1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 199
SimontY said:
They look as good as they sound :cool:

:D

Mikko H. said:
Hello.

This is not a best topic for this question but I know that here are right people present.

Ray: I heard from Brent that you might have analog filter component values for fitting the discrete output stage to CD-17 KI. I have this discrete output stage now on CD67SE and I might be moving those to CD-17 MK2 KI. Brent told that some mods might be needed.

Ps. I couldn't find Ray's email address anywhere and I have not made enough post to forum to send private email. Sorry.

Mikko, from Finland

According to the manual ;) the CD17mkII uses the TDA1547 Bitstream DAC, which is a bit more complicated. Is has a switched capacitor network inside that needs to be buffered. Loading it directly with the DOS' passive filter will cause problems. So what you could try is use one dual opamp per channel for buffering (DON'T use the internal ones, they're rubbish!) and place a DOS after that. Well, you could leave the first stage intact and place the DOS directly after that for quick results, but I read somewhere that some idiot put a few NE5532 in there, so....

The DOS' 3rd order filter, as it is now, should work fine for the CD17. You may have to adjust the amplification a bit by altering the emitter resistors, but that's not very difficult.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks Ray !

My problem with your email is this:
"vBulletin vBulletin Message
Sorry but you cannot currently send emails to other members because your account is under moderation. If you are a new user, you will gain full member status after you have made a few posts."

What a rookie I am here. It seems that I spend too little time on this topic. This will change... ;)

Br, Mikko

Mikko H. said:
Thanks Ray !

My problem with your email is this:
"vBulletin vBulletin Message
Sorry but you cannot currently send emails to other members because your account is under moderation. If you are a new user, you will gain full member status after you have made a few posts."

What a rookie I am here. It seems that I spend too little time on this topic. This will change... ;)

Br, Mikko

No problem, i'm still keeping an eye on this thread :D

Ray