Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

SimontY said:

The remark was entirely sarcastic. Most cars in the UK today are 1.2L 3 or 4 cylinder or 2.0 turbo diesel. Some are even 1.0L or just under for tax saving purposes :xeye:

We don't really have 4L+ cars here in the UK. They only exist in the USA where fuel is cheap and cars are inefficient and generally poor quality LOL.

Brent's car is very quick and very fun!

I swear I won't talk of it anymore, but my tiny CD53 beats many big CDP as my tiny 1.3l beat many big engines... 220/230hp for 1.3... =)

RCruz said:

Hi Brent

I also want to use silver micas after the opamps but I can not find some 1000p Silver Mica to place in C605 C606.

The ones I got are rated 500v and the wire diameter is too big so they do not fit in the original holes.

I have the same problem with C117 C118 in the servo... the wires of the silver micas do not fit into the holes of the original caps.

Can you suggest an alternative please ?

Ricardo

It's handy to buy a 1mm and 1.2mm drill bit for pcb work like this. You can drill the original holes larger by just twisting the bit in your fingers.

Also don't just search 1000pF look for 1nF. Here is a RS search 1nF mica

Brent

rowemeister said:
Is yours a Mazda with rotary engine? If it is then it's not a true 1.3. It is approx an 2.5 - 2.8 when comparing to a normally aspirated. Like a turbo approx calculates cc x 1.4.

Brent

Yes it is but I'm very happy to state it is a 1.3l as the way people calculates engine displacement makes it a 1.3l. And yes to compare it to a piston engine the more simple is to say it is a 2.6l six cylinders. Far more compact, far more light... and I don't have to mess with high lift cam ;)
Ok ok Back to CDP!... in fact no update right now... still looking at the CD63/53 going on eBay... I'm still thinking of making a new tx or external PSUs with 5V and 12...