Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Joined 2006
Paid Member
12V regulator

Hi

I just built tho regs +-12V using LM 317 / 337 and can not get more than 11V on the 317 and -8V on the 337.

I used 5% resistors 120ohm R1 and 1k + 47ohm R2.

Can anyone help on this matter ?

what seems to be the problem ?

I really would apreciate some help.

Ricardo

Joined 2006
Paid Member
JonHarrison said:
Hi,

None, in that case no - I was thinking about the output dropping under load.

The 120R should be enough for the regulator to actually regulate.

What volt drop are you getting across the transistor and the zeners ?

Cheers,

Jon

I am not using any transistors or diodes... only two resistors and a 10uF Tant cap.

Please see the original layout from Ray

Regards

Ricardo

Muting relays?

Back around post 4711 or so (page 189), there were a couple pictures of a muting relay circuit (Rays?). Any particularl realys you guys find that work well? I'm putting a realy muting circuit into my Rotel RCD855 (along with a discrete I/V stage) and had planned on using an Omron G6A-234P-ST-US-DC12 http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/ocb_pdf...86929DE586256FC7006173ED/$File/D20G6A0305.pdf, but will switch to something else if this one isn't fast enough, etc. Thanks for any help!

Chris

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Chivvyp said:
The 10uF tants should be fine, I use them in my rayregs. Sounds like you maybe didn't get the polarity correct when you fitted them and they blew.
Hi

maybe that´s true ... or maybe the caps where already faulty when I monted them.

Right now I am using 120uG Pana linking the outputs to the common ground in the regulators.

I am not following Ray´s schematic because I always noted a big drop in output whenever I placed the cap parallel to R2. in the LM337 -12v reg.

Can you comment on that ?

Best Regards

Ricardo

Joined 2006
Paid Member
6h5c said:

Beware that you have the polarity correct. For the LM337 the plus of the capacitors goes to GND.

Ray

Thank you Ray

I am using the correct polarity but my schema is different from yours.

I did not put the cap in parallel with R2 as you indicated because I noticed a big drop in the output.

I decided to put the cap between pins 1 and 3 in the 337 with + linked to pin 1 (common ground).

I would like your comment on this setup before I install it in the CD53.

Best Regards

Ricardo

Joined 2006
Paid Member
6h5c said:
Not good!

The cap must be parallel to the 1k05 resistor. If you have a drop in output voltage that way, then something else must be wrong. Are you sure you used the right pinning? LM337 is different from LM317! Try adding a 10...47u output capacitor. Maybe you have an oscillation problem.

Regards,

Ray

Thank you Ray.... I added an output cap and now I have 12v sharp.

The 10uF is still parallel to the 1k05

Note:

I just replaced the opamps and want to remove the output caps.... but I have a 0.022V dc offset.

Can this value hurt my Meridian 101 PreAmp ?

Regards

Ricardo