Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

marcusdeming said:
I see so what i will need is to get the resistor value correct, just to confirm something else. The tants are correct at 10uf/16v?

and for the mod on Q801 and Q802 what we need is 12v output right?

Using that R1 at 121 and r2 1005
I get 11.6v
is that correct?

I am thinking of substituting the value as i cannot get the 1k5 and 121r.

Yep, for the opamps you need +/-12V. But the exact voltage is not that critical, anywhere between 11...13.5V will do. But don't go any higher if you still want to be able to use the AD8610 since it has a max. of 27.3V. The values for R1 and R2 are correct for 11.6V output. You don't have to use exactly 121R for R1, anywhere between 100R and 150R is o.k. So for 12V output you can also use 150R and 1k3 for example.

10u/16V for the capacitors is fine, anything between 10...22u in 16 or 25V that you have laying around is cool.

Regards,

Ray

You almost got that right.

The 78xx/79xx family doesn't have an adjust-pin, the resistors are integrated internally. The 7812 is IN-GND-OUT, where the 7912 is GND-IN-OUT, to keep things simple. The LM's are correct.
You can use a small piece of veroboard to mount the resistors and caps on.

Ray

Attachments

• lm317_337_regs.jpg
    lm317_337_regs.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 316
marcusdeming said:
for the 5v at the DAC are how many legs fo we need?
three as well or just 2?

I am having some difficulties
ray do u have a rear shot of the 317 and the 337

You can use three 'legs' for the DAC if you like: one for Avdd, one for Dvdd and one for Xvdd. But you can tie Dvdd and Xvdd together if you want to use two regs.

Regards,

Ray

Attachments

• lm317_337_regs_back.jpg
    lm317_337_regs_back.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 304
Ryssen said:

Is this a good thing to do even on other players(remove FC)if I use LM4562?

That depends if you like the sound or not! I was at Brent's "workshop" today and heard several players, one of which was modded with, almost exclusively, FC. The sound was very impressive but, in some systems, it could possibly "grate" and be too upfront. They represent excellent value first and foremost.

Simon

marcusdeming said:
not sure if i got it right my 5v lm317
Do let me know if i am right or wrong, i am not confident of it.

If i use 2 regulators for the DAC section, are the two lm317 based or 1 lm317 and one lm337.

Can some tell me if my connection is correct? I am rather skeptical about my own work, and i read that tants can be rather unforgiving.
:bigeyes:

Hi Marcus,

All regs for around the DAC are LM317 based, they give out a positive 5V supply. But your connection is not correct. The input is o.k. obviously, but the LM317's output should go directly to the third pin. Then one resistor from ADJ to the output, and one resistor from ADJ to GND (the second pin), with the tant in parallel with this one. Try to follow the schematic, the tant has three connections in your drawing!

Regards,

Ray

marcusdeming said:
I correct it i think i finally understand, a little slow though.
The first resistor being R1 R2 follow by the tants with its negative ends going towards the gnd.

Hope i am right this time.

This looks o.k.! Just be sure to check the output voltage before you solder it in place, to prevent small disaster from happening upon power-up :D.

Ray

My lm337 regs...

Front and back shots should be right i guess. the positive side of the tants are facing down, joining r2(the second resistor to the gnd pin(left most pin of LM337)

Can someone give me some heads up on the regs, so that i can start making a few more for the DAC section. Just want to be on the safe side.

Can i check what will happened if there were to be any error in the regs? will the cdp go dead..?

marcusdeming said:

hmm.. how do i check the output voltage

marcusdeming said:

hmm.. how do i check the output voltage

To check the output voltage:

connect the voltage in to wherever you are taking the input voltage from
connect the regs ground to a ground connection on the pcb. Do not connect the regs output to the cd player!

Connect your multimeter's red lead to the regs output and the black lead to ground and select the dc setting.

Power on, but first make sure that the regs output is not connected to the cd player! Hopefully you will get the reading you want! It should be a negative voltage, LM337 is a negative voltage regulator. Don't connect a negative supply around the dac as I am fairly sure this will ruin it.

Sorry if I have repeated things you already know.

Hope this helps,

Lee.