Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

disco said:

My Doctor is in the drawer after it bate my finger last time...

:hot: :bawling: :D

You have 2 hands !

Do you recall these. I can't remember the type.

Attachments

• img_6679 (small).jpg
    img_6679 (small).jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 366
Malefoda said:
Thanks for answering!
but...
I think I've just discovered that PPS stands for "Polyphenylene sulphide"... wich are out of stock with no offered alternative!
This is my fate...
http://fr.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=3891010&N=0

Hi Malefoda,

Try these:

969-5532

Try to use the parametric selection: first select composants passifs, condensateurs, then PPS and select the value or other parameters. This way you can narrow down to the desired type. Beware that 100n is also written as 0,1uF or 0,10uF.

Regards,

Ray.

Thanks Jaap & Ray!
... but ( yes again... )
47R show 346 things, many resistor types... I know nothing about electronic, except the soldering tool is hot and burnin', and 230V quite dangerous...
Also for this fu.... 0,1uf caps for the AD8620 PS bypass, no way to find even if goes through caps/pps/0,1u or 0,10u or 100n... just the non avalaible Rifa or the small square Panasonic ( as the ones Ray introduce to bypass under the PCB ) useless to jump over the opamp IC...
And what is 1uf MKT ? This (found with MKT search and then selector)?
http://fr.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=9750932&N=401
These are the 3 missing ref at farnell to order!
Heeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Opamp power supply

Got it running now, with C-LL-C network and no caps after the regs, just the local caps at opamp end. It's ver. 1 proto type. Had a LOT of these 220u, 25V unknown spec. and the more in par. the lower impedance. Can't get this big supply bolted into the cabinet, no space left in here, so I think it will be an offshore solution.

It has got even more control now, is more punchy, better timing, is just better. I would say that this is the single most effective mod I have done until now (and now I get flamed!! :hot: )

Thanks Jaap for bringing it up again (and staying in on it), and to Brent, think he was the 1. to write about it (hey, it's so long ago that I had forgotten it).

Attachments

• img_6683 (small).jpg
    img_6683 (small).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 359
Re: Opamp power supply

avr300 said:
Got it running now, with C-LL-C network and no caps after the regs, just the local caps at opamp end. It's ver. 1 proto type. Had a LOT of these 220u, 25V unknown spec. and the more in par. the lower impedance. Can't get this big supply bolted into the cabinet, no space left in here, so I think it will be an offshore solution.

It has got even more control now, is more punchy, better timing, is just better. I would say that this is the single most effective mod I have done until now (and now I get flamed!! :hot: )

Thanks Jaap for bringing it up again (and staying in on it), and to Brent, think he was the 1. to write about it (hey, it's so long ago that I had forgotten it).

Looks delightfully DIY, harhar, but it serves its purpose!
If you are able -once- try two BG NX in super E-cap instead of each 1.000uF, you'll be surprised again. Enjoy!
Jaap

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opamp power supply

avr300 said:
Thanks Ray. They seems hard to get here in DK.

Another alternative is http://www.vishay.com/capacitors/list/product-28355/

Anyone tried those?

Partsconnection Canada is a reliable retailer for BG (major CC and Paypal accepted).

Haven't tried those Vishay/BC caps. Specs look good (45.000 hrs life, low Z).

When I come across a good source I'd like to try these Jensen
four pole .

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opamp power supply

disco said:

Partsconnection Canada is a reliable retailer for BG (major CC and Paypal accepted).

Haven't tried those Vishay/BC caps. Specs look good (45.000 hrs life, low Z).

When I come across a good source I'd like to try these Jensen
four pole .

I think I have a possibility regarding the Vishay. Later! According to LC Audio (a little ago) 123 SAL were chosen as substitute for the BG's. http://www.lcaudio.com/index.php?page=70 - scroll a little down.

Jensen - made in DK ;) I could give them a ring on monday.

Has anyone really experimented with differant capacitors??? It seems there are a ton of differant types and opinions on whats best for audio use. Blackgates are supposed to be the best for audio use but they are really expensive. But how do the others like the Pansonic FC, Elna Silmic/Cerafine, Nichicon Muse, Rubycon ZA/ZL, Sanyo Oscon..... compare???
Now Im guessing that it really depends on what your using the cap for, for instance digital decoupling will require a differant cap than analog decoupling....etc So lets talk about digital first. I was reading some interesting stuff online about computer overclockers and how they replace the standard capacitors on thier motherboards with ultra low impeadance types to get better stability and performance. Now if a cap is good enough to improve the performance of a 4ghz P4 shouldnt it be good for our DAC and Decoder chips that run way slower?? The overclockers seem to be using ultra low z caps like Sanyo Oscon,Rubycon mcz, panasonic FM...etc. Wouldnt these type of capacitors be great for the digital decoupling of our dac and decoder chips??
So what do you all think??? Have any of you really done and comparisons of differant capacitor types??

Hi Ray / all;

...thanks to your support, i finally managed to install the raygulators! The Player is running for about 1 week now, so i think i haven't messed up too much here.
To my surprise, those regs improved/changed sound much more then i expected: much more relaxed, less harsh, kind of audiophile attitude. Not bad at all.

Now i'm considering building the output-stage (FET?)...

Ray, what schematic exactly did you use, and: would you build it again, meaning, do you recommend it after all...?

mickie

Imperfectcircle,

.....yes i did those comparisons years ago in my rega planet. OSCON are very good indeed in digital parts of the cdp; but i finally got "stuck" with the Black Gates; they are the best in my opinion. I used them throughout my equipment (crossovers may be another issue...)

regards,
mickie

Re: Opamp power supply

avr300 said:

Are those white boxes between the caps the chokes?? What kind are you using?? Im going to be building an outboard supply soon. I plan on building a +-12v and two 5v supplies one each for the analog and digital to power the dac/decoder/clock. Do you know of any good websites about building audio power supplies?? Ive been reading this
tnt audio power supply info
which is for an amplifier power supply, but I would think the info here applies to all audio supplies. Theres also some interesting info on voltage regulators on that website. Any others you guys know about that will help me design my power supply?? I know the basics, but would like to learn as much as possible.