Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Here is a pic of my servo clock with Audiocom super reg bodged on to replace 7805.

Brent

Attachments

• servo clock with superreg.jpg
    servo clock with superreg.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 417
disco said:

Does audio profit from the (expensive) super reg in this place?
I'm not educated in digital but I assumed a simple 5V would do.
Or did you buy 'm in large quantities? :D
Regards, Jaap

I tested it at work and the sound felt a little more open in the treble and maybe a little in the mids. I will test for long periods over the weekend.

Also a clock always benefits from a clean supply and with this being a clock I thought why not. I dont want any noise getting onto my clock output.

Also I am addicted to removing 7805's lol

I now have 9 super regs, 1 invisus reg and 1 qpower reg + 7805 for microprocessor. LOL

Brent

So I wonder, does anyone have a completely trashed player from which they'd like to donate/sell a servo chip? I'd really love to get my player working ASAP!

Simon

would this be of any use ?

Sorry for the bad pictures never used cam on low res in manual mode B4 -)

This board came from a Ki 63 that had an argument with an RSJ support, the rest of the box was in a sorry state of BER

It's yours for the price of the stamps :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Simon

I have Brent's address the board will be posted in a few hours, I had to pick-up my mail via the web mail pages. I see other message from Brent regarding Tx I need to look for this and I prefer outlook for mail.

I know the board worked the VFD took the brunt force, I have removed some small caps I found useful but I think everything else is there.

I have to dash but I get back to you guys later with anything else I find, don't worry about postage for now lets get this out first.

Regards

Pete

PeteM said:
Simon

I have Brent's address the board will be posted in a few hours, I had to pick-up my mail via the web mail pages. I see other message from Brent regarding Tx I need to look for this and I prefer outlook for mail.

I know the board worked the VFD took the brunt force, I have removed some small caps I found useful but I think everything else is there.

I have to dash but I get back to you guys later with anything else I find, don't worry about postage for now lets get this out first.

Regards

Pete

Nice one mate ;)

Brent

PeteM said:
Simon

Regards

Pete

Absolutely fantastic, that's great. I might get to hear all those mysterious little noises on my Crash Test Dummies album again sooner than I thought!! Thanks!

Simon /very happy