• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Make Your Own Muffsy Phono Stage Group Buy

Pick a color for the board!

• Red

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Green

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Black

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • White

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Muddyboots,

Thanks for your initiative. I see now the link to the spreadsheet is in the first post of the thread. The column for kits is still in the spreadsheet, while this is not an option anymore.
Did you get my PM, as I would like to send another PM.

I did, I apologize I have not yet replied. I will send you a PM now answering your questions.

I see that the bom for the psu is up in the spreadsheet.. Any pic of the pcb?
Finalized the layout of the PSU PCB this morning, I used your idea and put the voltage regulators on the side to use the case as a heat sink. I also spaced out everything to allow for larger components. I'll post pics tonight when I get home.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

Here's the images of the DIY Power Supply!

All the routing and component placement is done, I just need to finish with the labels and text and stuff, so this is basically ready to go!

I've also added a third sheet to the sign up form with a BOM for the power supply. It includes a 120v AC-AC adapter that will work with this board, but it is a North American plug, so international buyers please be aware of this and find a suitable alternative.

Also, and this is important, THIS IS AN UNTESTED PRODUCT! I cannot guarantee that it will work perfectly, and by ordering you agree that you are helping to test this product. I am not responsible or liable to any damages to your property. With that said, it is based on a Skrodahl's design with the components moved around for ease of access to wiring terminals and to allow for larger components if one desires.

For the first 10 units ordered they will be $7.80 a piece, with a minimum order of 10. Price breaks will start at unit number 11.

I'm guessing they're going to go the battery route? Skrodahl, in your experience how does the audio quality compare using a battery versus using the power supply?

9V batteries are typically 500 mAH, which will give you about 20 hours of operating time. Rechargeable batteries have even less, at some 200 mAH. If you're using batteries, SLAs are the way to go and it takes a lot of space. So for me, batteries are out.

I'm currently using an isolated DC-to-DC converter (WRD241212YS-2W pdf, WRD241212YS-2W description, WRD241212YS-2W datasheets, WRD241212YS-2W view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::), and the bypass capacitors on the preamp board are sufficient to smooth out the ripple. I haven't done any measurements, but I can't hear any difference when it's connected to the PSU or batteries.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.