• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Make Your Own Muffsy Phono Stage Group Buy

Pick a color for the board!

• Red

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Green

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Black

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • White

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I sent messages to everyone that's still on the list for a board, and payments are starting to come in. However, some payments don't have shipping addresses. So could everyone send me a PM with their name (as they want it on the shipping label) and their shipping address?

Another update: The phone boards arrived on Friday, and they look great. I'm still waiting on the power supply boards, but they should be in soon. So I will mail out boards to everyone that didn't request a power supply tomorrow (Monday), and I'll ship the rest once the power supplies come in.

Hey guys, most of you should be receiving your packages today. One important thing to note, for those of you that ordered a power supply, the copper fill is exposed on the mounting holes. So just make sure to use plastic mounts or there could be grounding issues.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the PCBs muddyboots, here's a picture:

28618892443_dd7d12a3fd_c.jpg

One board is perfect, the other is cut a bit wrong with a lot of blemishes on the solder mask. It should work perfectly though, nothing wrong with the tracks themselves.

Have anyone tested the boards? I have been running muffsy phono stage for ~1 year (built 4 phonostages pp1, pp2, pp3 and pp 3 rev A) and I'm very happy with the performance. It would be interesting to know how they compare to other designs, for example Salas' simplistic jfet stage.

Bumping old thread.
I ended up getting super sidetracked building this pre.

I have a problem with the power supply Muddyboots made.

When I hook it up the 10Ohm resistors get really hot and start smoking almost right away. I have replaced them and re-soldered most of the board and it still happens. Any ideas what could be going wrongs.

The preamp itself works great, hooked up to batteries and it sounds great so far.

I am stumped on the power supply though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.