Magnetic paper ribbon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well i give it another shot tomorrow, i also looked at some magnet structures in femm. my magnets are not ideal of course since i dont use the complete 20mm deep gap. i better should use 10x10 or something. a return path at the back should help the field even more. but it might be in the way and give weird resonances so wont be trying this soon :)

Ok i tried the W so 4 folds. different sizes result is a bit sad :( loads of distortion and low ouput. i then tried te amt way with the same magnets just flipped them 90 degrees. made a 10 fold version instead of the 6 and 4 of the normal ribbon style magnet arrangement. SPL rocketed 12 db above the others. for the same given load. im not 100 convinced yet, but it looks this a more effective way. but it also decreases the low end conditions. i will try some different materials now to see if i can extend it a bit.

Ok i tried the W so 4 folds. different sizes result is a bit sad :( loads of distortion and low ouput. i then tried te amt way with the same magnets just flipped them 90 degrees. made a 10 fold version instead of the 6 and 4 of the normal ribbon style magnet arrangement. SPL rocketed 12 db above the others. for the same given load. im not 100 convinced yet, but it looks this a more effective way. but it also decreases the low end conditions. i will try some different materials now to see if i can extend it a bit.

Can you post measurements, so I can compare :)

Made one with little flatter W. Measuret 1 meter with no baffel.

Attachments

• bånd11.png
    bånd11.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0067.JPG
    IMG_0067.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 102

Maybe like this

Attachments

• Sharp01@vestfor.dk_20160323_165206.pdf
    41.2 KB · Views: 52
i used it as this

N\/\/\/\/\/\/N
- .............. -
S...............S

Ofcourse my current did not go one direction but every pleat/fold it switched from down to up

i used 4 x 40x20x5 mm magnets, not the biggest :)

your design is

N|S/\/\/\N|S like a normal ribbon

this first one has side ways movement. i did measure all failures be it not well documented. but the amt was by far the most efficient. (be it verry low resistance, but the others had that to :))

i will upload some

Last edited:
Here's a measurement. with a 16 folds membrane. but thats it the limit for the 30 mm gap, or have to find some reinforcement without Upping the resonance freq.

BLUE AMT STYLE

RED W style in normal ribbon magnet structure.

both measured at same distance around 25 cm, and resistance is almost the same. 2 Ohms so very low but good enough for testing. both there distortion is a tad to high for my taste but i think there is a margin to gain lower distortion. for instance my magnets also influence the pieces where the tracks go sideways, this will result in upward movement. not something you want :) but since this one is so small 2 cm of the total 10 cm high has these sideways tracks. so have to make a bigger membranous and dont drive it the full length. (at least thats my theory)

and i have some hearable resonances left, witch i should be hunting down so i know what to do with it next time

i am very pleased the thing extends to 20khz. something i was afraid of with the deep folds

Attachments

• amt vs ribbon paper.jpg
    amt vs ribbon paper.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.