Macondo speakers from Romy the cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macondo speakers from Roman the cat

Hello

I think that most of you know this guy, he has a website since few years.

He had 4 years ago Avant Garde Duo speakers and after that started to create his speakers

Now he pretends to have the best pair of speakers of our modern society and profess like a new messiah what is right and what is wrong in hi-fi

well i didn't open this thread to discuss about the guy ; i don't care about him so please don't post comments on the guy just on his work

What make me open this thread is that i never (never) read anywhere someone who has listened to his speakers !

I mean with that big mouth i should expect that i least some respectful Diyer had listened to his system

I mean he declares since 3 years that his speakers (and his view of what should be sound reproduction) are the way to go

So why nobody never heard the Maconodo system (nor his amplifier) ?

Maybe i am wrong and plenty of people had this chance

So it is why i opened this thread :

Have someone ever heard Macondo speakers and if "yes" what do you think about them

Well I don't think that people who heard his system are at all interested in interaction with DIY crowd. My personal opinion .
iT NEVER cease to amuse me -watching all those who mock Romy
run (like wounded in *** antilopes ;) to buy and inflate every piece of gear he favorably mentions in his blog. Master of puppets
comes to mind.

Is that you, Angelo "the horn maker" under a new nick? Style of writing seems familiar.
Regards, L

Romy is very entertaining to read at times and very opinionated, and I would like to hear his system. However, i would also be prepared to like it a lot or not much as it seems very highly tuned to his personal tastes. I think the listening session would draw short when I brought out some Who, NIN or Ween.

Please I asked to not make this thread a vendetta against him :rolleyes:

We all know that he is a little mythomaniac and very anal when he speaks about audio

I don't see the point of saying it again and again...

------

I (and we) all see the effort behind Macondo, but well, it doesn't mean in any case that his system sound good

For example i read he likes EAR phono that is ultra lush and cheesy ; so i can imagine that the rest is in the same league

But again nobody has ever heard his system

The proof is in the pudding you can't declare during years that you have a complete understanding about hi fi (after just 4 years of practicing) , insulting every single horn speaker maker and in the same time hidding yourself and your speakers

I mean we all know the kind of guys which are so confident because there are anonymous behind their computer

Maybe i am wrong and unfair, maybe it was not done in purpose to hide his creation

----

I ask again : is there someone who has heard his system ?

Hello Tomatobangbang

What's the problem?? He has strong opinions and is free to post them in his own forum. As far as I know he is not a member here and it would probably be better posting your questions on his site in his forum. There may be people there who have heard them.

Anyone can put up a site and claim to be the best. To him his speakers could be the best he has ever heard. The simple fact that he has people putting up rebutle posts I find interesting. Obviously whoever does monitor his site seems to care what he thinks or feel what he says holds influence with others.

Rob :)

Has anyone heard TomatoBangBang's system?
Or angeloitacare "the horn makers" system?
Or mine, yours...?

Why should we care?

I'm glad someone is able to tune their system to their subjective taste.
Isn't that what its about?

I find it useful that he opened a forum detailing what he went through to accomplish it, outlining wnat worked and what didn't work.
Yeah, he's "colorful," and sometimes I have to read him a couple of times to understand what he's saying.
I haven't got to the part where he claims to know everything, but have read where he calls seemingly everyone (himself included) an idiot or moron, from time to time.
I do believe that's just a cultural difference...
I haven't heard the guys system, don't know him, but I think he is learning how to get the Sound he wants faster than I am...

TomatoBangBang said:
Please I asked to not make this thread a vendetta against him :rolleyes:

We all know that he is a little mythomaniac and very anal when he speaks about audio

I don't see the point of saying it again and again...

line1: "Lets not say bad things about Romy".
line2: (says a bunch of bad things about Romy)
line3: "no seriously I don't see the point of saying bad things about him'.

You're the only one doing it.

I haven't heard the guys system, don't know him, but I think he is learning how to get the Sound he wants faster than I am... [/B]

little depressing isn't it:dead:
Tell you what , I've got an almost free pair of mint TAD 4001 and a pair of Edgar 350Hz |such a deal| It's the best driver I've heard but it does sound like "oil salad with fish" This description fits right in and I was laughing a second after I hooked the thing up. I really don't get it .I'm quite primitive guy with basic education working with my hands ...
Regards, L

Oh Obi
relax , I only remarked that if such a primitive creature like me can see a point and relate to it quite easily,
more developed mammals should not have a problem with Romy's ideas.
It happens that I like horns and it's a known fact that this topology *along with SET, attracts various forms of an audio low life .
I said it a few times already but I'm going to say it again that judging from pictures and description you probably have a wonderful speaker .But I have no doubt that competent horn design will be on another level.
I'm pretty sure we could be friends in real life as internet activity is like driving a car in a traffic. I'm surprised again and again meeting those "online tigers" in real life .
Have a niceday. L
:)

audio-kraut said:
I always thought engineering (even at the diy level) had something to do with designing towards the most functional, simple and elegant.
That speaker just looks like an accretion of disjointed pieces with no overall context.
For short - a pile of...

Sorry , but engineers in North America are among most primitive and culturally narrow minded people I've met .The idea of most functional,simple and elegant rules only in IKEA .Orchestra is not simple and elegant ,it's a complicated organism .
For me Macondo is essence of DIY (not copy or clone it yourself>
it was created to satisfy personal needs and quirks but the core and principle of design is very sound and conservative and there is absolutely nothing controversial about it.
Regards,L

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.