M-Audio Audiophile 192 & Windows 8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had the same problem some time ago; I've resolved with M Audio driver version 6.08. Now my AP96 card is working good on win7 64 bit. You must have a fresh installation (disable audio card on motherboard) and unistall ALL type of audio drivers (pay attention if you have a NVidia chip graphic card, installing video driver you install audio drivers too. Check personal installation and disable audio inst). Soe time trying to install AM Audio driver you see an Halt message stopping installation (incompatible O.S version message). Open WinRAR, select extract archives and EXE autoextracting otion and extract the driver exe (maybe Setup.exe?) on hard disk. You should have a directory with all files and drivers extracted, install with Administrator rights and enjoy!

AM Audio drivers 6.0.8 and how live happy with!

I think I may have come up with a nice little hacked solution. I found a PCI riser flex cable on Amazon that should let me use the original slot under the second graphics card

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058UYV9S...UTF8&colid=1NLDIT043NTX9&coliid=IT717VDD7BJLA

If I can get it away from the other pci-e lane I think I can at least get it stable enough not to flip out every time I put the system to sleep

Try my hack! M Audio drivers are wrapped in a crappy installer, download the last drivers release, unzip it manually and install it (as Admin)! You have your card working with ASIO drivers and full options (This release contain the better AM Audio drivers! works fine and it's very stable!). Son't mess with Virtual Audio Cable and ither things! Let me know!
ciao

Try my hack! M Audio drivers are wrapped in a crappy installer, download the last drivers release, unzip it manually and install it (as Admin)! You have your card working with ASIO drivers and full options (This release contain the better AM Audio drivers! works fine and it's very stable!). Son't mess with Virtual Audio Cable and ither things! Let me know!
ciao

I'd actually been doing that from the beginning. I install the WinXP x64 drivers from *.inf using the device manager.

Based on the other info I've gotten from this thread, I'm running into a hardware IRQ conflict due to the fact the PCI slot It's in is sharing it's bus with the IEEE1394 controller and probably some other stuff. It worked pretty well on the other slot, so I'm gonna see how this goes

Sorry if this necro's the thread, but I wanted to post the resolution. Turns out all I had to do was disable both the 1394 controller and the COM controller both, and the other IRQ issues disappeared. Back to having to occasionally disable/re-enable the card and I'm pretty happy.

IRQ Conflict

Sorry if this necro's the thread, but I wanted to post the resolution. Turns out all I had to do was disable both the 1394 controller and the COM controller both, and the other IRQ issues disappeared. Back to having to occasionally disable/re-enable the card and I'm pretty happy.

I've this trouble with the new Windows installation! I suppose this is due to lacking of a small driver located in "Chipset Update" Directory in mothercard installation CD. This driver MUST be installed for first! Disabling the 1394 controller resolve this problem! I'm glad to have helped you!

Mithbusters at work!

Today I've found the final solution; due to a new Windows 7 installation. The driver setup works ONLY if you install it for first (with no audio card installed in PC slot). Later you install audio card (the hardware card) and all things works fine. If you have Audio card installed the M Audio Driver Setup file don't work and you MUST install it with "manual extraction" as specified. END OF THE STORY, a mistery resolved!

Last edited:
old thread ...yes. I have an M-Audio 192 audiophile pci card. I run a computer out in my shop and line out into an old receiver. I was just looking for a win7/win8 driver for this card. I know it's an old card but I'm sure it's better than the onboard line out on this old computer . Anyone have an x86 / 32bit win7/8 driver ? I know I could just go get a $25 pci card , but strangely it has some nostalgia for me. It was my first card that I used to record our band into a computer , I was recording outboard on tape prior to this. Thanks much .

I have that same card, I have it connected to an amp and speakers out in my shop. The card sounds Great but it's getting old. Anything new that's good as the AP192 ? I run an RME UCX in my studio, im hoping to avoid buying an interface for out in my woodshop . Against better judgement I tried a sound blaster Z ....it was just pitiful. ...lol Tnx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.