• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LYNX Power Amp PCB Group Buy interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
added 2 for me and edited the WIKI, makes 161 now

I`ve searched quite a while about recommended range of power-supply voltages for this amp and could not find anything (also can`t find this info on Jan`s site).
Someone who can direct me to where I can find this info please ?

Hi Jan.

I got your confirmation email, and thanks for the update on the 200 price. Still cheap for this type and quality of board.

Lets hope you get to 200 boards,now up to 167 so not far to go.

Other members who have not signed up should do so as there is only a few days left before Jan closes this GB. Don't miss out on this opportunity.

Regards

Gary..

Thanks Jan,

Your guide will be most helpful.

I like the description of the protection circuit. That is an area where I needed some help.

To all those who will build this, especially those learning as I am:

Check out page 4 of the guide and run some calculations with the values you will apply to the amp. It is a good way to keep the magic smoke from getting out of your devices.;)

Hello all Group Buyers

I have made a special "LYNX v3.0 diyAudio Edition" layout with fatter power tracks and more versitile fuse holder pads (as the Wickmann fuse holder I normally use seems to be hard to get now).

If all likes this Edition, it will be this layout you get...

LYNX v3.0 diyAudio Edition

Furthermore I have added Base/Emitter/Collector designations to all transistors for those who what to use other types ;)

Olev

As per the guide it will do up to 275 watts into 4 ohms and 400 watts into 2 ohms. You do not have to build it up to that power level, you can lower the supply rails for lower output power.

This is a very solid design that you can tailor to suit your needs.

Look at the Guide as linked by Jan a few posts back.

Regards

Gary..

Jan,
I think your new layout is great! :)
What about adding the BCE designation to all of the output devices also? It wouldn't cost anything and could do nothing but help anyone inexperienced that gets confused.
I also noticed on the bottom layout that the emitter tracks on some of the outputs devices aren't shaped the same. Some still show the round pad connected to the straight section, instead of the single oblong trace like the others. Small detail I know, but just something I noticed.

Olev,
I think this amp would be perfect for 100W, 4 ohm speakers. The extra headroom provided would work great for dynamic peaks. I really don't think you could go wrong building this amp.
Just my .02
Thanks,
Donovan

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
olev said:
Is this amp recommended for 100W 4 Ohm operation or is it overkill to build this for so low-power speakers?

If I understand you correctly you have speakers that dont take much power and arent able to play loud ?

I think 27-33VAC would be very good...I would use that if I didnt already have 38V trafos :)

edit...is it your speakers that are 100watt, 4ohm ?? ...same story, no its not overkill in any way...sometimes I play my 50watt amps at full throtle, really...good thing they like it...its amp stability that matters ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.