LU1014 differential amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I added a couple of resistors. Gain dropped by half, but the current through the jfets doubled, bringing it closer to the triode curve.

Gain dropped by half on source follower? Hahahah! :D :D :D

Attachments

• amp 1.png
    amp 1.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,058
Hi carpenter,

while your circuit certainly looks nice, it won't work outside spice.

The LU is essentially a low pinchoff voltage part, means that for low VDS you cannot hit the gate with more than about -0.6V (VGS). 2 reasons for this: first it's no longer linear below that (it's already off), second the gate current starts to get really big for large VGS and that loads your source.

But don't let you stop that to play with that part!

Have fun, Hannes

h_a said:
Hi carpenter,

while your circuit certainly looks nice, it won't work outside spice.

The LU is essentially a low pinchoff voltage part, means that for low VDS you cannot hit the gate with more than about -0.6V (VGS). 2 reasons for this: first it's no longer linear below that (it's already off), second the gate current starts to get really big for large VGS and that loads your source.

But don't let you stop that to play with that part!

Have fun, Hannes

I have no idea about what I am talking about here, but if you hit the gate with -0,6V or more , the source also goes 0,6V or more negative, and keep the gate to source voltage the same? (well, allmost, as the gain is less than unity.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.