LSK pre - BAF 2013

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have build one channel of this schematic from the Mezmerize thread, and I am testing it right now, but I noticed the offset is very temperature dependent.
If I wave some air over it with my hands, offset rises from 0 to + or - 60mV. Which is way too much in my all DC coupled setup.

I know I can use an output capacitor too solve it, but are there any other suggestions too make it more temperature independent ?

The 2sj74BL and 2sk170BL at IDss of 11.0 mA are thermal coupled. Rest of the transistors and J310's are not.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 393909d1389794444-mezmerize-dcb1-building-thread-lskpre4b1.gif
    393909d1389794444-mezmerize-dcb1-building-thread-lskpre4b1.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 803
The Mez and the Hyp are based on the DCB1.
In all of these, the two jFETs in each channel are adjacent to each other.
An air stream across one device is virtually the same as an air stream across the adjacent device.
There is usually no problem with output offset varying even with the lid off.

I think you have a different problem.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Coupled the devices as I did (shown in post#440), it didn't drift with time but still drifted with temp change. Five degree of ambient temp change easily caused a few tens of mV drift. Although this is not really dangerous but annoying so I used coupling caps.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Ah, you seem to understand ZM;)
I always have to use Google translate and read Wikipedias before I do:)

Googled 'Froggie UGS' and did a forum search, found nothing.....

:DWalter

...François Torres' UGS 3/4 ....better known as CheffDeGaar...there is a thread here on some of that.

Actually ZM is only half right....he is half French half Portuguese ( ...the Torres part ) :)

Last edited: