Low cost ES9018 Dac - Builders Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After some hours past, impossible to communicate with the K2M... even without the ADUM!
Anyone did it?

Are you sure you got the adress right in your code? If you use the code as it is from Hifiduino, I believe you have to move R13 to the paths just below to connect Addr to Gnd. Did you check your signals reach the chip? I just tell you this without having the board myself and based on the pictures! Good luck

The DAC with MCU works.
The ADUM1250 works perfectly but D1 should be remove and short-circuited and R17 only remove.
I used PC supply for tests!

Always two problems:

- input gate oscillates when start the DAC with spdif signal ON.
- cutoff during playback however the software parameters.

Attachments

• K2M_proto_1.jpg
    K2M_proto_1.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 358
  • K2M_proto_2.jpg
    K2M_proto_2.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 344
  • K2M_proto_3.jpg
    K2M_proto_3.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 345
Talking about too jittering source seems to be in interesting way!
It's an airport express which works perfectly with a DCX2496 or denon AV receiver but I have some troubles with Meridian 518 and tact RCS2.0...and know with the ES9018K2M in stand alone mode.
By the way, increasing DPLL bandwith solves the problem!
I will see the FS in exact mode too see if it change...and I'll try with another source to see if this work correctly in hardware mode (with default setup).

For those using spdif input without MCU, DS1 and DS2 should be connected to ground.

Hello all,
I connected as above but the dac skipped even more than before and the lock led did not light at all. Sound when not skipping was still good. I'm still operating in default mode without mcu. I removed the ground connection and have been listening for an hour without skipping and the lock light shines as before. Nothing else to report. Anyone have progress to share?

Hello all,
I connected as above but the dac skipped even more than before and the lock led did not light at all. Sound when not skipping was still good. I'm still operating in default mode without mcu. I removed the ground connection and have been listening for an hour without skipping and the lock light shines as before. Nothing else to report. Anyone have progress to share?

Hello again. Ended up listening for 2 hours with no cuts. I forgot to mention that I just changed transports from the original jvc shigaclone to the mkii shigaclone so perhaps I'm less jittery than before. Thanks. Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.