Looking for the Sony CD player CDP-102 service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
You're getting closer. Note the use of an output relay whereas newer players have muting transistors that can mess up sound.

Is there another 16 pin IC around ? I guess the TC4066 is for deglitching since most of the early cd-players had a single DAC chip for both channels. It switches output from the DAC chip to the left and right I/V convertors ( NE5532 in this case ).

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I'm stuck. Don't know what that IC is. Maybe the DAC !?!? I googled but didn't find info on that chip. ( Data on pre-internet devices or chips is hard to find ). Unsatisfying answer, isn't it ? :nod:

With some certainty I can tell it has only one DAC with deglitcher. Not exactly a good base for modification or even decent soundquality.

Some of those older cd-players can be very interesting to modify. Especially the older Philips/Erres/Aristona and Marantz cd-players can be quite good unmodified ( and even superb when a low jitter clock and some other components are fitted ). In Strasbourg there are bric-a brac shops aren't there ? If they are like here you'll be surprised what 10 Euro-beauties you can find there. The DVD invasion causes a lot of second hand cd-players. Good for us :D

Always test those players with a CDR. If they play them well the laser is in good condition. Not a 100 % guarantee because it can be dirty.

jean-paul said:
I'm stuck. Don't know what that IC is. Maybe the DAC !?!? I googled but didn't find info on that chip. ( Data on pre-internet devices or chips is hard to find ). Unsatisfying answer, isn't it ? :nod:

With some certainty I can tell it has only one DAC with deglitcher. Not exactly a good base for modification or even decent soundquality.

Some of those older cd-players can be very interesting to modify. Especially the older Philips/Erres/Aristona and Marantz cd-players can be quite good unmodified ( and even superb when a low jitter clock and some other components are fitted ). In Strasbourg there are bric-a brac shops aren't there ? If they are like here you'll be surprised what 10 Euro-beauties you can find there. The DVD invasion causes a lot of second hand cd-players. Good for us :D

Always test those players with a CDR. If they play them well the laser is in good condition. Not a 100 % guarantee because it can be dirty.

I've got an old cdr somewhere at home
we used to play fresbee with this one

that is the ultimate test :D

Dunno anything about the transport, but the nec ic's is a 4053 cmos ic: Triple 2 Channel analog multiplexer / demultiplexer
I think that one is used for going from a mono dac to stereo signals.

Maybe then the 4066 is for switching on/off the de-emphasis (guessing here).

edit: ok dac is clear from the jap website. Mmm, maybe you can put a TDA1543A behind the decoder :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.