Logic vs. emotion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Care to make a meaningful statement or just snipe?

I followed closely the thread(s) about your hi-fi gadget's modifications because I have a special interest in that technology (USB DAC interfaces)

It was clear that you were unhappy in the way SY appraised what you have done, even though you seemed to have invited his opinion.

In this thread, and others, you are very clearly trying to discredit SY's integrity. He needs no support from me. I do not know him.

Unfortunately I do not understand the science here so cannot make any contribution as to it's validity. 'Trouble is, you don't either and you are just making a fool of yourself.

Shame on you Sir!

I followed closely the thread(s) about your hi-fi gadget's modifications because I have a special interest in that technology (USB DAC interfaces)

It was clear that you were unhappy in the way SY appraised what you have done, even though you seemed to have invited his opinion.

In this thread, and others, you are very clearly trying to discredit SY's integrity. He needs no support from me. I do not know him.

Unfortunately I do not understand the science here so cannot make any contribution as to it's validity. 'Trouble is, you don't either and you are just making a fool of yourself.

Shame on you Sir!

More fool you, Clifforest - you don't understand the science & yet, in your ignorance, try to make a judgement on my understanding!.

Clifforest, you should try these modifications & judge for yourself. Do not rely on others opinions so much! All the modifications details are in my posts on this forum.

Don't fret over SY's opinion about my device, I don't - many, many others have reviewed it & bought it & continue to report on it. My difficulty with SY are with his statements like this "questionable hifi gadgets that you sell"

I did say my last comment, but referring to the original subject:

"Clifforest, you should try these modifications & judge for yourself" I have! All sorts of fiddling with levels and faux terminations. I have spent twenty years playing with Audio, DACS and USB interfaces!! (and you?)

"Don't fret over SY's opinion about my device, I don't" The evidence does not support this. The vitriol in this thread testifies. (and I don't fret - he is a big strong lad, by all accounts!)

" many, many others have reviewed it & bought it & continue to report on it."
Good for you! So why are you so worried? I could not hear any difference at all, and give little credence to unscientific anecdotal reports.

In what way do you object to "questionable ...."?

I did say my last comment, but referring to the original subject:

"Clifforest, you should try these modifications & judge for yourself" I have! All sorts of fiddling with levels and faux terminations. I have spent twenty years playing with Audio, DACS and USB interfaces!! (and you?)
You've obviously wasted your time - pity! I can help you if you do exactly what I tell you - just PM me!

"Don't fret over SY's opinion about my device, I don't" The evidence does not support this. The vitriol in this thread testifies. (and I don't fret - he is a big strong lad, by all accounts!)
Evidence? Bad science is bad science - it's best to call it as you see it & not let emotion get in the way, don't you think?

" many, many others have reviewed it & bought it & continue to report on it."
Good for you! So why are you so worried? I could not hear any difference at all, and give little credence to unscientific anecdotal reports.
Whose worried? As I said, you obviously wasted your 20 years doing this!

In what way do you object to "questionable ...."?
It's questionable!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.