Lme49830

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
C20 should not be connected to the dirty ground.
Pin3 should not be connected to the clean ground.

Your schematic shows two types of ground connection:- Agrnd (=clean), Earth (=dirty). How do these get off the PCB to the main star ground inside the amplifier chassis?

I would make provision to add a small resistor or inverse parallel diodes between the Aground and it's lead off to the main star. You can use a shorting link or install the diodes (1n4002) or the resistor.

nickarsow said:
O.K. - I understood the question:
Header2 - pins 2 and 3 = PGND;
Header1 - pin 2 = AGND
Since you use Altium Designer it would be a very good idea if the schematics corresponds to 100% to the layout. You have an excellent tool for this. After you have done some change in the schematic, do an "import changes from schematic" after each time you have changed, then you'll have your project in 100% sync.

If you want reviews of your design it would help you and also us if we talk about the same thing.

I would recommend you to not have more than one connection in the schematics at a symbol. A 15-pole part should have 15 visible connections in the schematic also.

Dear P-A,
Here's the corrected sch

Attachments

• lme49830_sch.jpg
    lme49830_sch.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 579
I think it was MJL or KP that showed inverse parallel diodes across that ground linking 10r resistor.
After thinking about it, I came to realise that adding the diodes offers a safer solution and that the resistor can probably be omitted leaving just the diodes to isolate the two grounds.

Hi,
set Zin of the 49830 to 91K and use 1uF as the DC blocking capacitor.
F-1dB ~3 to 4Hz. Add on an appropriate series resistor and grounding pF cap and you have both your input filters. Add another pF cap across the input RCA.
Just make sure that the amplifier has a bandwidth wider than that set by the input filters.

You can now use a small 47uF as the DC blocking cap in the NFB loop for a gain of ~26 to 30 times.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.