LMAO! Any idea how this works?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm glad someone knows I was kidding. I am about to do some serious research after a few more rum and eggnogs. I may not be able to post my results as my memory is extremely good but dynamic. When I wake up from the inevitable hangover I will have forgotten everything as aspirin stops the refresh cycle

:p:p:p:p

I had a NEC multisync up until a few months ago, I theorized statically that it failed in anticipation of the next solar maximum which is just a few years away..:D (Also the premise of the movie 2012 where a whole lot more than my monitor gets trashed..) ;);)

Solar storms cause major disturbances in terrestrial power distribution systems and even in long distance analog telephone lines.. (are any of those even left?) They also do funny things to satellites in orbit, although there it is a combination of all sorts of EM fields and radiation.

:p:p:p:p

I had a NEC multisync up until a few months ago, I theorized statically that it failed in anticipation of the next solar maximum which is just a few years away..:D (Also the premise of the movie 2012 where a whole lot more than my monitor gets trashed..) ;);)

Solar storms cause major disturbances in terrestrial power distribution systems and even in long distance analog telephone lines.. (are any of those even left?) They also do funny things to satellites in orbit, although there it is a combination of all sorts of EM fields and radiation.

Are you suggesting that if we buy enough of these black boxes, that we can strategically place them around the globe (at the correct angles) to absorb the coming solar storms?

I wonder if they give bulk discounts?

cmon guys get with the program...

The device is "watching" so what is happening is obviously an observer effect... ie the fact that the device is watching the equipment is altering it's behavior :devilr: I'm not sure where the girl in the solarium fits in but it sure seems to add some weight to the argument :joker:

Tony.

Purists would argue she's an unnecessary parallel link in the blackbody's observation chain.

In reality, the observer changes the nature of the photons reflected off the model from spectral content resembling visible light into pure imagination. As a result, the electronic equipment in the signal chain will literally dissapear from the observer's perspective.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Are you suggesting that if we buy enough of these black boxes, that we can strategically place them around the globe (at the correct angles) to absorb the coming solar storms?

I wonder if they give bulk discounts?

For maximum effectiveness we might need to lob a few thousand of them into various orbits in order to protect and "enhance" all of our flying space junk, err, hardware... :p The possibilities are just limitless....:D:D:D

Come to think of it they could make a major contribution to the amount of flying space junk up there already.. Seems as a good a place for them as anywhere.. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.