LM4562 (dual op-amp) simple preamplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dxvideo,
Your idea of using an LT1210 is flawed. The LT1210 is a very fast current feedback power op amp. It is capable of 1.1 amperes output. I am pretty sure you would need a different layout with much more care in decoupling.

As for your power amp, install a buffer on the input to raise the input impedance and include a DC blocking cap. This would be much safer and it might even sound better.

-Chris

Hi Dxv,
for low bass passing through the power amp with least attenuation and phase change go for a big DC blocking cap on the input. With 6k8 I would use a good 10uF electro//2.2uF metallised film. Both are cheap and fairly small. These will give F-3db @ <2Hz.

I have four of 10uF 63v MKT type caps. I've used 4u7 MKT type for another project and happy with them. So I can use 10uFs for amplifier input with 100n parallelled...,

What are the resistors & caps at the amp input?

This is my circuit;
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1301290#post1301290

Your idea of using an LT1210 is flawed. The LT1210 is a very fast current feedback power op amp. It is capable of 1.1 amperes output. I am pretty sure you would need a different layout with much more care in decoupling.

Any canditate for that posisiton?

Thx ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.