• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LJM Audio

looks like its a dual rail (+/-) from the picture posted in amazon but its kinda low in voltage. btw I also tested that amp using SMPS and i didn't like the sound, soundstage is so narrow/thin and the low end disappear so i switch back to linear PSU

From the description of Amazon : "Output DC Voltage 48V Rated Current 7.3A Current Range 0 - 7.3A Rated Power 350W" if it was dual rails at 7.3A it would be a 700W PSU.
I use 5 L15D amps with a decent SMPS from Connexelectronics with a few minor improvements on the L15D as described elsewhere in this forum and the soundstage is far from narrow with a fantastic low end.

Cheers ,

Rens

From the description of Amazon : "Output DC Voltage 48V Rated Current 7.3A Current Range 0 - 7.3A Rated Power 350W" if it was dual rails at 7.3A it would be a 700W PSU.
I use 5 L15D amps with a decent SMPS from Connexelectronics with a few minor improvements on the L15D as described elsewhere in this forum and the soundstage is far from narrow with a fantastic low end.

Cheers ,

Rens

The SMPS I got is def dual voltage, the output terminals are marked +V and -V, but I accept that I goofed, and just want to get this amp running. Can someone give me a link to a suitable SMPS? I'm primarily going to run 4 ohm speakers, so I'll need +-48V.

thanks.

The SMPS I got is def dual voltage, the output terminals are marked +V and -V, but I accept that I goofed, and just want to get this amp running. Can someone give me a link to a suitable SMPS? I'm primarily going to run 4 ohm speakers, so I'll need +-48V.

thanks.

Look at this one : Connexelectronic
You could choose the 45 Volt or the 55 Volt version or ask him to adjust it on 48 Volts .
High quality products .

Cheers ,

Rens

May have to tell you a good news. I spent a lot of time to order a OSCON capacitor.
The specification is 25V22UF it is for L15D, L20D, L25D customized products.
Its parameters is very good, about 20-50 times of ordinary electrolytic capacitor. The value of loss of about 0.016% 1KHZ.
Its price is very high, about 5 times that of ordinary capacitor. I was ordered to it but. Will appear in future products.

Attachments

• OCR-PDF1.jpg
    OCR-PDF1.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 816
  • SDIM0524_??.jpg
    SDIM0524_??.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 812
  • SDIM0526.jpg
    SDIM0526.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 794
Hi! I have a question.
I have pulled out the speaker cable of one of my L15D while it was playing, which resulted in smoke coming from the output LC Filter area.
The board smells a little burnt but still works.
I wonder why this happened and what can be done against it.

I know one should not remove the speaker cable, but i use speaker protection relais, so I'm affraid in case of power shut down the same will happen to all my amps (I am using 4 L15D and 2 L25D), because the relais will remove the speaker load just like pulling out the speaker cable.

regards

"I wonder why this happened and what can be done against it."

The low-pass filter is a short circuit at its resonant frequency (when there is no load).
http://www.irf.com/part/_/A~IRFI4019H-117P

Thanks, but a short circuit with a load in parallel is still a short circuit. That doesn't explain the sudden smoke.
I've had them powered on without load before without smoke.
The sudden removal of the load while playing is the problem, not the absence of a load.

I think this must be kind of a "ignition coil + spark plug effect", the coil doesn't allow an infinite di/dt, therefore the current finds its way over the capacitor or air. The same will happen, when my speaker protection relais kick in... not good at all :(

I'll try a 1kOhm dummy load and punish the board again. At least this way the current has a defined path to go in case of load removal.

Any better suggestions are welcome :eek:
thanks.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello

I bought a L15D Pro kit, but it doesn't work. After a loud pop at output the rail settles at -45v (full B- rail voltage). The protection circuit does keep load disconnected, but not for the first millisecond when the pop is heard and the speaker cones move backward. I do have a large coupling capacitor to protect the speaker from DC voltage as I have had very bad experiences with eBay vendors.

Was wondering what the possible culprits are, any help would be appreciated.

Hello

I bought a L15D Pro kit, but it doesn't work. After a loud pop at output the rail settles at -45v (full B- rail voltage). The protection circuit does keep load disconnected, but not for the first millisecond when the pop is heard and the speaker cones move backward. I do have a large coupling capacitor to protect the speaker from DC voltage as I have had very bad experiences with eBay vendors.

Was wondering what the possible culprits are, any help would be appreciated.
Was this 'kit' un-assembled, or assembled? I know it takes some of the fun out of the hobby, but if you want it to just work, then buy the assembled version for just a few bucks more. Those are already tested and should work out of the box. All you have to do is add the PSU and put it in an enclosure. I've had really good luck with the LJM class D modules and use them in a couple of amps I've built. Sorry I can't help much(at all) with the troubleshooting. :(

Rick

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi

It was a kit, and I got it because it was the only way I could get one unit. All the listings were for stereo pairs, I needed only one for a subwoofer.

I was pretty sure it was assembled correctly, so just needed help looking at suspect candidates.

The user feedback information.

I received feedback information from customers, the power supply board is provided by the China businessmen, the reference photos.
Make stereo power amplifier board produce noise, noise performance for the DU, DU, voice, and contains high frequency noise.
Please do not use this power strip, I don't know who it's production.

Attachments

• ???????.jpg
    ???????.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,239
L-20 D

Hi friends,
I tried this amp did test the sound quality is very nice. I wanted to share with you pictures of the oscilloscope. This is related to the facebook address amf "USTAOĞLU ŞÜKRÜ" you can contact in this way.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.