Live Lab Hangout #1.1 Posted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• Headset with Light.jpg
    Headset with Light.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 295
LuminAria @10ppm

... I noticed a 50Hz hum which is -50dB, and then it's harmonics also ...

So I tidied up and twisted the cables, grounded the board and the 50Hz lowered to around -87dB, still a bit high I think. After more troubleshooting, I realized the unshielded QA400 cable actually pickup a -104dB signal from the environment (even when LuminAria is off) which are then amplified by 17dB by the LuminAria and hence the -87dB, so I assume it's OK for now, unless I can hear some real hum later.

Then I tried to search the sweetspot, and easily lowered the THD to 10ppm @1Vrms :D (B+: 114V, Vds: 80V, Id: 73mA, Rd: 600R). First picture is the QA400 measurement after the optimization, second one showing the initial hum, and third one the test setup after tidying the cables.

Time to solder the production channel boards, and thanks Michael for this nice design :).

Attachments

• LuminAria_2.png
    LuminAria_2.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 397
  • LuminAria_1.png
    LuminAria_1.png
    43 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
On a not so audio-related note:

My team finished our 100-mile relay this past weekend. I had a 16-mile night leg through the woods. The logistics and prep took a lot of time, so if you sent me an email in the past couple of weeks and I haven't replied, send it again. :)

"Burning River" is done, now I can get ready for "Burning Amp"!

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 273
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.