List of ZM projects

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Aleph** seems forever popular ( with reason) and there are myriad of iterations

Most of them being more or less ( but still more than enough for regular Greedy Boy) complicated and troublesome

This one made as platform for various power levels (rails , Iq, outputs IRFP150 or 240), also allowing use of any range of Toshiba/LS P channel JFets (mid Idss range one pair, all ranges two pairs per channel), same as J270/271 (two pairs per channel) and also mmbfj270/271 (two pairs per channel)

"Small" one (one universal or two iterations - level of Aleph 30/Aleph J) planned for Store, IAIMH doing all testing/part of logistic work - that one with just a pair of outputs, idea is to get package from Store with most important itsybitsies, rest is no brainer/no matching fun

You didn't hear that from me

:clown:

ahem - this one, shown in #318 - not tested but sure it'll work; would I ever order pcbs - dunno

**Aleph is an Aleph is an Aleph - whatever suffix is - be it number or J; this one being J, scalable to whatever PSU you throw at it, with adequate casing; quirks few - ring of 2 as LTP CCS, LTP cascoded, emiter follower in between LTP and OS ........ barely just enough to be called Babelfish

Reactions: 2 users
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
sch is trivial, considering our common mileage

give me few hours (doing some ordinary life things) to check values .....when drawing normal procedure is to copy/paste parts .............. often ending (before final work) with amp having all resistors of same physical size having same value

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Wow.
You wrote "1 pair of outputs" and "scalable to whatever PSU"... Does it also mean, that the output could also be scalable to 2 or more pairs, or was that not meant in this direction?

"Small" one (one universal or two iterations - level of Aleph 30/Aleph J) planned for Store

that's different one from what I posted in post #318, previously shown by 6L6 during BAF 2021 Zoom happening

"uni" is in post #318, while ultra-easy/small one in final preparations for Store

Reactions: 1 users
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
.....Are you going to have a schematic to share with us soon?

here it is, nothing really novel

disclaimer - as is, applicable for rails voltage range up to 30Vdc; for more (higher power) few resistor positions must be altered in value

Attachments

• Babelfish Aleph J Uni ZML schm.png
    Babelfish Aleph J Uni ZML schm.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: 5 users

By my mistake my main stereo speakers passed 120 dB @ 20 hz in my big listening room.

According to my REW and cal. mic.

The windows seemed to just barely clinging on to the building at that particular sweep.🙂

But that was with the the really big Rotel 1200w dynamic per channel @1 ohm A/B.

My Twin ACAs in parallel spanked it… Slightly but clearly 😎

Reactions: 1 user
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Current facts in ZML work

Several of you guys are waiting for ordered kits (various amps). Bummer is - Serbian post is under sort of General Strike....... in this moment lasting more than 3 weeks.

Same didn't happened in few last decades, and what's illustrating how all Governments are crooked (exceptions welcome), you can find public info about Strike only if you search for it.

Anyhow, logic dictates (human existence producing both logical and illogical patterns, go figure) - it must be ended sooner than later - Postal Service is important for functional country, any.

So, kits are packed, I'm just waiting for Strike end, then few days more to allow unclogging of their paths.

Just an illustration that I didn't escape to Maldives, meaning still in same place and still in same Workshop, here's what I'm working on lately (proper vid going to ootoobe when I'm in mood to make it); in short, working slowly to minimize/diminish outsourcing

ZM OmniInsourcerer :clown:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 4.jpg