Linkwitzlab "Watson"

Here, Intensity stereophony explained with hard core math (see page 11 onwards):

http://tnw.home.tudelft.nl/fileadmin/Faculteit/TNW/Over_de_faculteit/Afdelingen/Imaging_Science_and_Technology/Research/Research_Groups/Acoustical_Imaging_and_Sound_Control/Publications/Ph.D._thesis/doc/Edwin_Verheijen_19980119.PDF

Pure amplitude differences of the stereo signal is transformed into low freq ITD at the listening position due to locally formed plane wave in the interference field where the angle of incidence being a function of the stereo channel amplitude difference.

PS. check also page 16, Time based stereophony.

- Elias

Hi,

What makes you think vertical dispersion is a problem?

The Basotect Hat... :D

The ceiling reflection might be one but that's been taken care of by the absorber hat.

So you have a vertical directivity problem... :)

The subs are DIY. Two downfiring Shiva-X in 90l sealed boxes. Everything runs through an AVR with Audyssey XT32.

Hmmm, I might like different Amplification, otherwise quite sensible.

Ciao T

Hi,

The Basotect Hat... :D

So you have a vertical directivity problem... :)

Which speaker doesn't have that "problem"? Nevertheless, I'm still waiting for Earl to build an elliptical waveguide ;)

Hmmm, I might like different Amplification, otherwise quite sensible.

Ciao T

The AVR delivers enough power for the Nathans. The subs have their own amps.

Markus,

Which speaker doesn't have that "problem"?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Crescendo600x800.jpg
    Crescendo600x800.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 251
I have proposed that some of the advantage is in mitigating high-q dips, and realized something- in my rig, where the TV and speakers form an arc approximately equidistant from the couch, I've noticed a few times when watching things that the TV speakers are still on- and it sounds terrific. I wonder how much benefit could be derived from a pair of fullrangers, one per channel, placed similarly to a center channel, and run via resitors or transformers for attenuation and to prevent significant additional current demands from the amp.

I think I shall try it! Purely subjectively since I'm lazy about measurements)