Lifeless nonivolving lm3875 gainclone ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sinski said:

I have no input/output cap. DC offset on one channel is 2mV, another is 40mV

I think i will wait few days before i will change anything again.

Good choice.

Let the caps burn for a few days, then make the final test ;)

When you add caps to the PSU it's normal to lose some detail at the first days( especially when you add big caps).... then, after burning in for a few days, sometimes you get what you were looking for ;)

I reckon it's the Spendors. I have listened to these many times and I think they are lifeless and undynamic. Maybe not so bad at low volume levels or with simple classical music, but forget any loud or complicated music. They also sound a bit "woody".

I don't know what that reviewer was talking about!?!

:)

Peter Daniel said:

What is the actual DC voltage, after rectification?

Peter:
After rectification i have 36 Volt DC

Everobody:

What are the best cables i should use to wire gc inside ?

At the moment i used DNM for ls output, some Chord (cable which Chord is making for Naim) on input and solid core beetwen ps and pcb from one Audioquest LS cable.

My transformer has one magnetic screen and extra winding beetwen primary and secondary windings. Maybe a normal transformer will be better ?

Cheers, Tomek

I was already writing about it. Bass has a better control, drive and rhytm is better, but some kind of direct sound, openess and transparence dissappeared.

I want to run it one week without any changes and than go back to original premium kit and then decide what i like more, than i will put it in one nice case.

sinski said:
I was already writing about it. Bass has a better control, drive and rhytm is better, but some kind of direct sound, openess and transparence dissappeared.

I want to run it one week without any changes and than go back to original premium kit and then decide what i like more, than i will put it in one nice case.

Sinski, did you add the snubber to the PSU, after those 10.000uF ?
If not, just try 100nF directly in the caps pins ;) ( It's easy add I think you will notice some more detail )

Maybe shorten these wires too :) just to prevent disaster and problems.

Attachments

• shorten.jpg
    shorten.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 360
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.