level shifters and mosfet drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have found the numbers for my coils, they are T106-26.

Al is 93. Suitable ? I can make a coil that can withstand 10A, one of the original windings is good for 20A, at 5v tho but at the same time as another winding is 8A and 12v and two more 500mA each, so atleast 5A in 20-30v shouldent be a problem.

fredos, i live in sweden so i think its alittle too mutch money getting your nice coils for a project that will most likely stay as a protoboard item, unless you could help me with layout and board making.

I did some calculations on the cores i have, T106-26:

Attachments

• coil analysis.png
    coil analysis.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,201
What cad tool are you using?

As for having the boards made, try Olimex, they only charge 33$ for at double sided euro sized card (100 x 160 mm).

Olimex

Dont think you'll find much better service or cheaper PCBs anywhere;)
I have used them 4 times and everything has been perfect.
They don't charge for panelizing, and you can mix different PCBs on the same euro card:cool:

Another question about filter coils. (hope it's not too much off track for this thread)

In the design I'm working on, I'm using an H-Bridge.
I'm using a coil I had laying around, and have wound both coils on the same core.
With high voltage (56 VDC) the coil got very hot. As Eva has pointed out the volt per. turn is quite important for core loss ... more turns less loss. Ok, so far so good :)

I have ordered new cores (T106-2) to lower the loss through using a more suitable core material for the 250 kHz I'm using.

Question:
Now Im' wondering whether the fact that the coils are wound on the same core has any effect on the inductance value L, and therefore the required number of turns????

To my mind it must have some effect that the two coils are building on the same magnetic field only 180 degree out of phase!

I have tried to simulate it, using an ideal transformer with a ratio of 1:1 as the coil, and it seems that you only need to aim for half the inductance for each coil compared to using two separate coils (less overall turns needed using only one core, compared to using two separate for the two coils!!!!:confused:

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,257
Hmmm, would be interested in a prof. manufacture that makes prototypes cheaper than Olimex :) .... is there a link or a contact?

As for the board. It looks ok, but I would probably do the following:
The side where you have the least tracks should be where you place your ground layer.
Try eliminating real estate by moving components closer together to minimize loop size and coupling problems.

Umm that was not nice:(

I have had 3 diff ppl redoing my original board, and that is one of them.

And this was another.

The third i deleted because not mutch had changed from my original.

This thing is only gonna run on 100-400KHz, not 1+ MHz as commercial class d amps.

Attachments

• d-amp toole rev.png
    d-amp toole rev.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 604
Your last one could be good, but just move the trimpot of feedback close as possible to the cap near the modulator to avoid pick up of noise...This is a critical point. Add some ground trace near the feedback signal from the output to the trimpot. Add a decoupling capacitor (0.1 to 1 uF 100V MKT) between power supply of mosfet and the power electrolytics. Add some decoupling to the IR2110, this will help you a lot! Dont forget your snubber too at the output! This will help your stability!

Fredos

www.d-amp.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.