Let's See a show of hands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think i went to school with Laplace, Fourier was sitting in the second row.

In my first year of college i fiddled with audio circuits, my 1st year mates told me that was old stuff, they did that in highschool.
I learned a lot from the system regulating college, stuff about feedforward and feedback systems.
Fortunately i was not the only ex-navy guy with piercings and tattoo's who tried to transform to nerd-dom, a fellow student engineering friend was a navy submarine captain.

My first audio amplifier project turned into a nice bonfire at switch-on.
As for lightbulbs, i tend to electrocute myself with that 2 out of 3, no kidding !
On one ocassion i managed to get nice electric sparkles popping out of my skin, making beautifull black round holes in me, on 230 voltage .

Me ? who wants to ask me that question ? Yes..ok .. I'm an ex merchant N engineer alright.....tourist class steam loco fireman, ...somehow got degree electronics since 1972 .... first love of electronics in 1959 ...shorted an AC/DC chassis with the mains plug w.w.r. with a scope earth..:hot:...Mains fuse ? there wasn't one only the 30 A distribution fuse:bawling:.

richj

richwalters said:
Me ? who wants to ask me that question ? Yes..ok .. I'm an ex merchant N engineer alright.....tourist class steam loco fireman, ...somehow got degree electronics since 1972 .... first love of electronics in 1959 ...shorted an AC/DC chassis with the mains plug w.w.r. with a scope earth..:hot:...Mains fuse ? there wasn't one only the 30 A distribution fuse:bawling:.

richj

Daddy ?
:wave2:

HFGuy said:
Just out of curiosity what percentage of people using these forums are engineers ?

So how do we actually calculate the percentage based on a voluntary show of hands? Anyone?

:)ensen.

PS: Industrial design is my job. 6 years at uni but no degree. My most valuable training comes from my hobbies.. design and construction of human powered vehicles and now diyAudio. Always amazing how much our passions motivate learning.

I'm an engineer since 1989. Chemical by education, but I worked most of my career in controls. Right now I'm back to process.

As for the term "engineer", Canada is different in that using the title is actually regulated by provicial laws. Free use of that title is actually illegal, although it can be tough to fight in some courts since the provincial laws are not worded exactly the same. Some provinces are in a battle right now with Microsoft to shut down their use of "Engineer" in those course degrees they grant.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.