Let's See a show of hands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
macboy said:

That's easy:
If you know how to perform a Laplace transform and how to use it, then you are an engineer.

p.s. I am an EE.

Hehehe...I have many friends who know the Laplace transform...
and can't be trusted with changing a light bulb.

Dennis
(Not an engineer...don't remember much about the Laplace
transform...and can just barely change a light bulb...)

I now have a electrical engineering degree but iam not a licensed engineer. I have to pass a cert. test and have a minimum of 3 years (it might be 4 years, they keep changing it) to get my P.Eng designation. With the P.Eng you are a full engineer with all the responsibility and legal liability that that comes with. Iam not sure of the exact rules to pass the P.Eng but your 3-4 years of experience have to meet some minimum standard and has to be done under the watchful eye of another P.Eng

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
macboy said:
If you know how to perform a Laplace transform and how to use it, then you are an engineer.

I used to know that (and could probably be reminded). I have an honours degree in mathematical statistics (all down to a choice of an 8 AM or a noon class in 4th year), and half of an EE degree (a work term turned into a full-time job)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.