LClock Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pete Fleming said:
Unfortunately it’s been my experience that most of the major record companies really don’t care too much about quality when releasing CDs to the mass market. The technology is already there right now, probably in the studio, but who cares when 99% of the people will play the music through mid-fi (or worse) equipment. Compress, compress, and push it out in minimum studio time. I once complained to a local label about the quality of one of their CDs (one track alone had well over 1000 cases of digital clipping). Their reply? “We have sold over 100,000 disks and you’re the only one to complain” … (to which I asked how many hamburgers they think McDonalds sells each day if that’s their measure of quality!). A well recorded and mastered CD is really very good, pity they’re so few and far between these days.

Pete,

I know how mainstream looks at quality (you won't find me at the Mac...........)

Nevertheless, we knew upfront that a small fraction of recording / mastering studio's is fed up with existing "high end" A to D converters.

We'll see, I'll celebrate with the whole forum once we sold a 100 pieces!

enjoy

Guido, likewise you won’t find me there either, but at least when you walk in the door of McDonalds you have a pretty good idea of what you’re likely to receive (ie you get what you pay for). Not so with music (at least in general), you pay roughly the same for a CD regardless of how much care has gone into its production.

I applaud your efforts and wish you the best of luck in your venture. Anything that provides higher quality to the person listening to the music must be encouraged. Which is rather a circuitous route back to my original argument. Sharing ideas and designs can only benefit the industry if it encourages people to take the time to actually listen rather than merely hearing audio wallpaper.

Cheers,
Pete

Sorry, J-P.......

My designs aren't "extreme" enough. But if he throws enough money at me, I am sure that I can come up with something.

Yeah......why is it your business who is in business with whom????? Again, assuming facts not in evidence. I'm sure all the guys who I have modded CD-80s for will be surprised to know that I could have sold them something expensive instead of one of my crappy designs.

Jocko

Giving him the business.

Who are you in business with? I mean besides the silent partners who design expertise you so freely (with the emphasis on free) use as your own. And of course the free marketing from your use of the DIYforum to try to sell stuff. And of course as well as a link to your commercial website and forum (which I assume is another marketing tool). You had better be careful, you may be cutting in on other moderators business on this forum, with you aggressive free marketing practices. :smash:

Why don't you worry about your own act instead of butting into other peoples business? Testing the water for another product?

Thanks for inviting me to comment in the latest Chip amp design thread, someone else's, until it is finished enough for other "designers":whazzat: to copy. Trying to get me to do more free R and D?

Fred: IMHO Per Anders is just another guy doing some diy modules in his spare time, just like half of all the users of this forum. And like half of the users he has his own web site, which he (like half of all of the users ... ) also promotes here.

Per Anders just happens to be good at his job, and makes some really nice looking stuff, compared to some others.
I wonder if that's why you are picking on him so hard ... :cool:

Jocko: I don't think that most people when they go out saturday night, are interested in the most ugly girl in the bar. At least not before all the other girls are gone ;)

Looks matter....

I think something like this looks nice: (Taken off Per Anders' homepage).

All the best from Denmark!

Attachments

• pa1.jpg
    pa1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,042
It may or may not work better than this:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=275728#post275728

But is still looks better at least in my eyes ... :cool:

Something you 'put together for a guy'. I would say that compares nicely to PA's way of working, and therefore explains why you and Mr. Mc D hate PA so much.

If you ask my opinion it is in the interest of the audio community to give place for all new talents, and young upcomers like PA.
PA clearly has a talent, that can be of benefit to many people. In the long run if he has no talent he will slowly disappear from the scene again, and you should have no fear of him as a competitor.
If he has talent, all the grumping in the world won't stop him anyway.

Even if he is actually a competitor of mine, businesswise, i still recognize good layout quality on his part. I don't know where he has his schematics from, if his designs are original or not, i didn't look that close. But i know that his layout artwork is top class.

When i see a reason to i would never hesitate to compliment my competitors work, however it is not every day that reason is easy to find. (Not speaking about you on this one JH).

:)

Lars...

Curious, your link made me read some things I said, and until now you didn't make me change my mind.

As a very old customer of LC-Audio that I am (I have the original XO), on a private mail you promised to send me an XO3 clock for me to evaluate.
This was months ago, my mailbox is empty, haven't received anything.:dodgy:
Well, as I always keep my word, I like others to do the same.

Maby you can justify by words that your "nice looking" board and your expensive clock is better than the Tent clock, that I buy from Guido at 27 Euros (last order, some months ago).:rolleyes:
Because to me, Tent it is.:angel:

Maby your target market is the people who have expensive CDPs.
Trying to sell your clock to people with crap 50 Euro DVD players is ridiculous.

BTW, a board as simple as Jocko's can sometimes make miracles, you know?:D

RE: Lar's post

x-pro said:

I have to make few things clear here - Yuri Birukov has nothing to do with the design on the link he's posted:
http://lynxaudio.narod.ru/schemes/sch_17.pdf
This particular circuit (as all other schematics on http://lynxaudio.narod.ru web site) was developed by Dimitry Andronnikov - well respected russian audio designer and excellent engineer. His designs are very professional, well researched and properly measured. He certainly knows few things about jitter and how to minimise it. I suspect that Yuri in his post did present that schematics in somewhat rude manner, especially as the thread is about Lclock. However, just to finish, may I add that the measured performance of Dimitry's clock generator should be quite close to the state of the art and it is much simpler to build - after all, this is diyaudio forum :).
I would like to apologise to Lars for somewhat offtopic posting - however I thought it would be better to get the facts right. And just to prevent possible questions - I am not affiliated with Lynxaudio in any way and only know Dimitry from the russian audio forum.
x-pro
I second Alex's (x-pro's) opinion and would like to apologize for Mr. Birukov's approach. It looks that some people, who did nothing serious by themselves, like to blame other's designs comparing them with another state-of-the-art designs to improve their personal "self-confidence". However, being rude, they always destroy their own intentions.
Even if something is better then another thing, it doesn't mean that the second one is bad, usually it is perfect as well, just different in something. It is nothing absolute exist (except of non-material matters), we always can find something better.
Great respect to Lars and thanks for the clocks!
Sorry for non-technical post.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.