LClock Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Jocko Clock/Square Wave

Elso Kwak said:

Kwak-Clock-8 has a perfect square wave.
;)

Well... right now I've just finished an El Cheapo phono pre and I'm listening to Pat Metheny on vinyl.:cool:

Let's say it has a perfect round wave.:D
I can't stop listening.:bawling:
Peter, I think this is one of those nights I'll stay up listening to music.:)
It's compulsive.:bawling:

Sorry... off-topic... Portuguese humour.:D

till said:
I will not build something i do not understand like that Lars clock. I need to understand how and why and how to proove if it works right first.
I think Lars' clock is pretty easy to understand but you have to isolate the different parts in order to see what he has done.

Till, why don't you try to put something together by yourself?

Re: Diy

Elso Kwak said:

Well with the schematic provided by Lars it won't be too difficult to build your own. After all this the DIYAudio forum.
The schematics in some cases is 25% of the design, the pcb layout is the rest 75%. "not too difficult" is an understatement. :nod:

I don't think any professional will agree on that making a top of line oscillator is a piece of cake. :no:

peranders I agree with you totally. PCB design for clock is a major factor.

I would be very much interested about comments from Guido T, Lars, Jocko and Elso about their exeriences with the PCB layout of their respective clocks.

*How many different PCB versions before the final one (hope you don't consider this info a secret)?
*How big was the measureable/hearable difference with the best and worst layout etc?

I suppose any good such product takes at least 2 or 3 layouts before deciding on the best. For me an argument that a development of a product took 6 PCB versions and hundred hours of listening etc to be a major sign of real worked out design.

Ergo

I actually blew orange juice out my nose laughing. It stings.

"The schematics in some cases is 25% of the design, the pcb layout is the rest 75%."

............ and usually 100% of someone else's work around here.

"I would be very much interested about comments from Guido T, Lars, Jocko and Elso about their exeriences with the PCB layout of their respective clocks."

Not as interested as P-A I'll bet..........

"Till, why don't you try to put something together by yourself?":bigeyes:

I bow to P-A as the new holder of the ironic humor award. I don't think I could come close to an over the top statement like that! :whazzat:

"Till, why don't you try to put something together by yourself?"

Fred you may like to play jokes on me like on everyone else, i have no problem with that. I did put together something until now, but no clock circuit. There is a reason: i´m not convinced it has any purpose to mess around with the clock. As long as it is not measured whats is better on the messed up clock i see great chance everything gets worse and not better.

It was Jocko! Your Majesty.......

I was aiming at Per but I guess he ducked. He did deny doing something that I never acussed him of (it was someone else and he didn't hear about it at the time I guess)

Measure clock jitter till you drop if you like. The last time I made any meaningful measurements of clock jitter it took about $70,000 dollars of test equipment at my late telecom gig.

There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about.

Analysis

till said:
Yes, i have all those tools, but this did not prevend me from going to university trying to study. So i have not enough time to do sensible productive real world work and get a little money for it but have to do a lot of stupid akademic mess and am poor this time as result. Maybe it was a mistake . Better should go to the workshop.

I will not build something i do not understand like that Lars clock. I need to understand how and why and how to proove if it works right first.

Hi Till,
You want an analysis of Lars' circuit?:confused:
At first sight it looks complicated but it is extremely simple to analyse.:cool:

Hello

Interesting clock schematic.

About the LClock 2 / C2 schematics.

In that schematic it use a 74AC02, can I replace it by a MC74F02 ?

It have quite same propagation delay specs.

The BFR92A transistors in this schematic are a 5 ghz type, can I use a much lower frequency transistor, any transistors you can suggest ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Hello

Interesting clock schematic.

About the LClock 2 / C2 schematics.

In that schematic it use a 74AC02, can I replace it by a MC74F02 ?

It have quite same propagation delay specs.

The BFR92A transistors in this schematic are a 5 ghz type, can I use a much lower frequency transistor, any transistors you can suggest ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Hi Gaetan

Sorry i didn't see this thread before.

You should use a 74AC type, as the F type would load the oscillator too much on it's input. Today we have even better types, like the NC7SZ02, a single gate type with very short connection from power pins to the chip.

Hi Gaetan

Sorry i didn't see this thread before.

You should use a 74AC type, as the F type would load the oscillator too much on it's input. Today we have even better types, like the NC7SZ02, a single gate type with very short connection from power pins to the chip.

Hello

I can't have the 74AC type, but I have the 74VHC04, can I use this one ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Hello

Here is the schematic I would use.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Attachments

• crystal clock lcl1dia.gif
    crystal clock lcl1dia.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 274
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.