KX drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm extremely surprised nobody has already commented about this drivers for PC SB soundcards.
For define active filters "in situ" up to 6 ways in mono, "real time" it's an UNVALUABLE tool, and to find out the optimal range of any driver is EXTREMELY useful.

Has anyone used this?

UrSv said:
They've been up for discussion several times. For a lot of people the threshold before usable is somewhat high IMHO.

I searched for "kx drivers" and got nothing, is there any specific thread that was about this?

BTW, are absolutely no difficult to use if you want to make a xover, don't know about effects and so on, but for designing a xover, I seriously think anyone with fingers and a PC can use kx in order to have a xover in less than 5 minutes.

I used kX as my crossover for a long time until I switched to an active outboard crossover... The only thing I would suggest for people using this driver, is to use it with an Audigy card. Live!'s have this tendency to not accept incoming levels any louder than +4dBv. The Audigy takes as loud as +22dBv, which is (conveniently enough!) the clipping point of my mixer.

If you are using them as a crossover and you drive them too hot by accident, then oops, digital clipping, and it will be preserved in high fidelity through your signal chain. Your speakers might let their smoke out, and your ears (and the ears of everyone listening!) will definitely be offended.

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

I still use kX in my computer; with one Audigy and 2 Live cards, I can get 8 mono channels in. (In a while I hope to go to 2 Audigy's and no Lives, so I'll have 8 channels in / 12 out, multitracking whooo.)

Attachments

• dspwindow.jpg
    dspwindow.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 173
Nappylady,

Was it difficult to use the three cards in your PC? I've been using this drivers for one week, so I'm no expert yet.

What I'm trying to do is to make a 3way crossover, and since my Live5.1 is not supported yet with the latest kx drivers, I think I can plug another card (the SB live 4.1) and have the 2 enabled outputs of my 5.1 and the other 5 of the other card (fully supported). I don't have the 4.1 yet, but will buy it if this is likely to work.

Well, I wanted to use the card only to test xovers and then build the circuit, so I thought the cheaper Live 5.1 would do the trick. And I suppose it will, but not until the kx divers support the SB0220 (the one I have). It's imposible to get sound from the rear and LFE jack output.
I contacted the author and confirmed this point.
Which Audigy do you have?

BTW, I believe the latest Audigy is studied but not supported yet, so I would need to buy an older version (supposed that I want to use NOW the drivers, which I do ;) )

The Live is at least five years old now, based on Emu's 10k1 chip. The Audigy and Audigy 2 are based on the 10k2 chip and have been around long enough to become inexpensive. If KX doesn't support 6-channel for Live by now, then it's not ever going to. Read the driverheaven.net forum for more info. I use the Audigy 'one' SB00092. It was CAN$80.00 two or three years ago. The Audigy 2 is an improvement and the oem card without livedrive is sold in Toronto for C$98.00.

Just a thought, you did clear the dsp and rewire it I hope, not using the default setup?

In the DSP Panel, I have the following modules:

FX Bus
Cossover 24 module
Epilog

From FXBus0 to crossover left. From HI left to epilog out0 and out8. From LO left to epilog out1 and out9. And when play a CD, I get sound only for the front jack.

I have just read in the creative manual, that you have to select as record source the one you want to use for surround sound. Could be this the problem? However, with the kx mixer I don't know how to select one source.

Might be best to ask the kx forum at driverheaven.net to help with this, but here is a test setup that you can try with a full-range speaker or headphones to check if all outputs are functioning. Also go to the master section of the kx interface (double click in the tray icon) and uncheck 'toggle swap front rear mode'.

Attachments

• testsetup.jpg
    testsetup.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 71
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.