KX drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes, I get sound from the rear, all the time ;)
Something else to try, this 'Ins and Outs' panel, make sure that the fronts,rears,sub/center outputs are unmuted and zero dB....
See attached image...

Attachments

• screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 70
I can't really remember why, but when i set mine up i left the surrounder in between xrouting and the crossover (see the picture attached). I have it set to 2.1, surround off, no subwoofer.

As i said, I'm not sure why i did this, but i experimented some with different settings, starting from a clean dsp, and this aparently worked best...
Or maybe i was just to lazy to remove it after testing...

Ignore the "src" at the bottom, thats just ac97-input to asio so i can record properly. Maybe we should post some dsp-presets known to work? I have a sb0060 personally, and this setup works fine for me.

/Andreas

kx settings

Here are my settings for the dsp, it's for a sb0060, don't know if it works for other models too. Save your own settings in case something screws up.

It's a 4th order crossed at 2KHz, with a gain reduction and delay for the treble. You need the simple delay plug and the UFX package for this to work.

The front channel is Left low and high, and the rear is Right low and high (did it that way to be able to balance easier). Check 'em at low volume so you don't blow your tweeters.

Edit: Raka, you posted while i was typing, i have an older SB live 5.1.

/Andreas

Attachments

• dsp_crossover.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 37
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel

Open "Sounds & Multimedia"

click the "Audio" tab

select any of the waveout devices for your card, then click "Advanced". Select "5.1 speakers" from the drop-down list, then, under the "performance" tab, make sure you have acceleration turned ALL the way up, and sample rate conversion set to "best".

What version of the drivers are you using? I upgraded to 3538a several weeks ago, and I think I *might've* lost my C/LFE port; this is unconfirmed just yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.