kwak-clock connection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ground Connection

Hi jayel,
If the ground of the CDP PCB is <B>NOT</b> connected to the KWAK-CLOCK how would it work as the output of the KWAK-CLOCK is referenced to its own ground.........???
As said earlier there should be a direct connection between the ground of a dedicated powersupply, the groundplane of the KWAK-CLOCK and the ground of the digital section of the PCB in the CDP. Hope this helps.:eek: :eek: :eek:
P.S. Did you get the clock working???;)

Re: marantz 67

Josipo said:
Well. I'm about to install the Kwak 7 clock, but I can't find - suply on the PCB, I know that the + suply is the left pin on 7805a, but as I don't have schematics for that player I can't say for sure, could someone help me ?

Hi Josip,
Maybe you player does not have a negative digital supply. In that case I advice using the KWAK-CLOCK on a single positve supply as Franz did. Just ground pin 4 of the comparator and the pot omitting the negative regulator. It is prudent to change R4 to 1k5.
:cool:

Re: Re: marantz 67

Elso Kwak said:

Hi Josip,
Maybe you player does not have a negative digital supply. In that case I advice using the KWAK-CLOCK on a single positve supply as Franz did. Just ground pin 4 of the comparator and the pot omitting the negative regulator. It is prudent to change R4 to 1k5.
:cool:

Dear Elso:

Should one ground R11 also?

Thanks.

People like Elso are the backbone of this forum and it's a darn shame to see them banned. I would like to see the offending posts shown in "Texas" if at all possible.

I believe that the moderators do a great job and I really appreciate that but why can't we promote more self regulation. Everybody expects the moderators to police the forums but surely if a post is offensive then someone, anyone, here could raise their objections at the time (in the thread). I know that I would if I saw any dodgy posts.
Maybe this just isn't enough and this probably says more about the people who read the posts without openly objecting than it says about the people who are banned??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.