Krell KSA 50 PCB

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
This should help keep this thread in perpetual motion for a very long time:cool: !
Mark

I hope not, just finished updating the wiki "history" up to post #2000. There is some good stuff in there, like pics of most everyone's boards on their output stages. And I found K-Amps spreadsheet that we were all looking for, its in post #1426.

Lets see some new clones under development...

I've got to say, These go together so nicely I've been tempted to buy more. I should have my second one up and running soon. I only need to build a case for it and get it all mounted inside.

Two KSA's is probably enough though. I have the AlephX sitting and waiting for a case as well. If I could just get a day off so I could build them. :bawling:

Mark,

I would suggest that on the next run, you have them make the holes just a tiny bit larger. That is the only complaint I had with these boards. That wouldn't stop me from buying them though.

Blessings, Terry

Nah, don't get any more made, we've got to get them drooling in anticipation of the next project!

You kiddin? These boards should always be available. This threads got to hit the 750 page mark by mid next year!! Since I'm still getting requests for them a few times a week I plan on at least 100 more. All the boards that I've got left are now spoken for.. and that leaves me none :bawling: for my projects.....

I would suggest that on the next run, you have them make the holes just a tiny bit larger. That is the only complaint I had with these boards. That wouldn't stop me from buying them though.

Not really dooable Terry unless we pay a high engineering fee at Advanced. We were lucky the last time they didn't charge for the few revisions we made because we only moved a few holes around. Changing hole sizes is alot of work on their end of things so they will need to stay the same.

Mark

Not really dooable Terry unless we pay a high engineering fee at Advanced. We were lucky the last time they didn't charge for the few revisions we made because we only moved a few holes around. Changing hole sizes is alot of work on their end of things so they will need to stay the same.

Wow, that's too bad. I would have never guessed that it would be much of a deal for them. It's not like they have to change layout or anything, just make the holes bigger. It's hard to imagine that that would be more difficult than changing the location of holes. I'd ask before I ordered more. You never know, You might catch them in a giving mood. :D

Blessings, Terry

Parts GB'ers

Came home yesterday, no package in the mail or on the front porch.

Will call and email Welborne labs again today. They said they expected to be able to ship last Tuesday.

I have 8 KSA-50 brds and have decided to only build 3 mono blocks. With that said I have 4 of Jan's boards and one of Al's available if anyone would like them. Half the original price... Plus shipping of course.

I hate to say this, but after building Mauro's "My Ref 3886 Rev_C" (NOT A Gainclone!!) I don't feel the need or desire to lug MASSIVE amps around the house. I will build the three KSA's as a reference and future listening room use (building a new house in the spring with a dedicated music / TV room. Will be optimized for AUDIO, but will be dual role.), but as a daily listener, the My Ref is excellent.

I'd ask before I ordered more. You never know, You might catch them in a giving mood.

I just e-mailed them for the quote and I did ask about taking hole sizes up one size to compensate for the thick material. But expect there to be a 150 to 300.00 engineering charge to do that. Advanced is somewhat mysterious as far as actual charges go as I never got a breakdown in the mail as to the actual last charges..... Nor did I get the proto credit that I should have gotten.... twice. When I asked about it they said there was probably an engineering charge that the proto refund covered..... Strange.... I don't even know why I am going back there, but hopefully they can just dupicate the last order properly this time thorugh.

Mark

rabstg said:
Came home yesterday, no package in the mail or on the front porch.

Troy,
can imagine how the Welborne hassle feels like.
Just this afternoon i received the parts i need, now i can start assembling.
Gengis has been waiting like 3 months for the 1%, 3 watt resistors i promised to get him.

Posting pics within a couple of days, Al.
seems posting pics is a no-no today, wanted to show the fans but all i get is a blank.

K,
i'll have to check the number of pics i have.

Have to agree with Mark though.
Boards for an amplifier that delivers have never been this good and so downright cheap.
Not to mention a Krell KSA50, i am not that keen on Krells, but the fan models i like.
There is a lot of room left in the design for improvement.
For now i am putting separate rails on the three boards, with regulation on the front end.
The feedback caps i'm skipping and using a dc servo instead.
If the CCS's Stuart and you are trying work, i may try them as well.
After that its fiddling with the Vas.

Others may just wish to construct a KSA as it is.
With the modern devices that are available now at affordable prices, such as Onsemis.
Point is that each can build his own.
Offering a second series of boards enables a lot of others to build one of these as well, keeping this thread alive benefits everyone that built one or may wish to.

Wim picked up his boards, only needed 2, so i've got 6 Krell boards to fondle.