Krell KSA 50 PCB

Kinda hoping the parts list would be agreed upon and finalized. If the pdf, gerber files are final, then no need for me to wait. Seems the delay is on the layout of an output device PCB relative to the parts list. Then again the output devices don't have to be on a board if hardwired. Samples of the required transistors from onsemi.com are easy to get here in the SF Bay area. Making a board this size ain't all that hard. Maybe not as pretty, but functional.

Prosit :drink:

Hi All-

I can get 100 boards made at $9.17 per board with the following specifications:

Production Board Specs
Layers: 2
0.093" FR4
Dimensions: 2.75" x 4"
Plating: SMOBC
Cu Weight: 2 oz.
Trace width/space: 0.01
Smallest hole size: 0.02"
Gold Fingers:None
SMDs-top:0
SMDs-bottom: 0
SMD Pitch: 0"
Soldermask: Bottom Side with LPI
Legend: Top Side
CNC Route points: 4
Tab Route: No
Scoring: No
Inspected to IPC-A-600F, Class 2

If this is good, then I will take another count on orders and if we reach 50 boards I will order them.

Hi All-

Anyone have time to set up a Wiki? I am reading about it now and will create one next week (after reading through the weekend) if no one else has time.

As of now I think I got boards at $9.50 US ($9.17 for board, .27 cents for the paypay fee's and a few pennies to cover Jan's boards).

Of course shipping will be extra.. Should not be much since they are small and light.

just choose...

Guys,

This aint rocket science and has been covered many times over in the thread. The new devices (mjl21193/4) are probably nicer transistors, they are easier to mount, a little more expensive and you might need 3 pairs instead of 2 pairs of the original mj15003/4 if you are to achieve the same degree of 'robustness' the original was legendary for. For the majority of the folks we are only talking about 4 or 6 transistors, and the outputs do not make any difference for the main board...so lets move along...

Stuart

The original mj15003/4 are still available from:
http://www.onsemi.com/site/products/summary/0,4450,MJ15003,00.html
as free samples (25 each). You need a credit card to pay for the shipping. Paid only $11 for FedEx overnight.
Can't get much easier. If you have difficulty getting them, some of us might be willing to "share" these devices for the price of postage. Are we making a KSA50 clone or some "improved" version? Please, can we get on with it?
We're burning daylight.

Prosit :drink:

better and better

sounds good to me, if the boards are functionally identical, paying less seems like a good plan...

Coulomb, the KSA50 is rated 50w into 8ohms, class A, perhaps 70 class AB, and with a big enough transformer the amp is a very good voltage source, nearly doubling it's output with each halving of load impedance, a least down to an ohm or two. There are several people here who are planning to run them a little hotter to give 100w class A into 4 ohms...

Stuart