Krell KSA 50 PCB

steenoe said:
and not less important, how much space between each transistor? I think it would be a good idea, not to mount them too closely

Steenster,

just a couple of posts ago Al d'a Mouse added a picture of the board with wider spacing for the outputs to do me a favor so that i can use Sanken 1216/2922's instead of TO247's.
The extra spacing benefits thermal distribution when TO247's are used, i need not feel to selfish.

I intend to use 12 big Sanken devices on two boards per channel, still with KSA50 voltage. But such an output board should be good for a KSA100, or even a KMA450 if there is a nuttrr who would have the desire to build it.
I've seen too many Krell amplifiers in the 1980s, on all the demonstrations i've attended, the output boards on all Krell models looked the same to me, so these should be pretty universal too.
100mm boards is just the right size,imo, to mount the boards on just any kind of heatsink.
With the advice given by knowledgeable members as Cleopatra's lunch bird Pavel on these layouts i'd think Mighty Al's board is pretty darn good.

HI,

I really haven't used this site much, so I thought that I had to pick a quote to place a response on the post. From what your saying, I suspect that that's not true.

Sorry, Nick

pinkmouse said:
Steenoe,

That's the plan!

Kensetsu,

I have no problems with the cross-post to your GB, but I am curious about the need to quote a post of mine on a completely different subject! :)

HI,

I really haven't used this site much, so I thought that I had to pick a quote to place a response on the post. From what your saying, I suspect that that's not true.

Sorry, Nick

pinkmouse said:
Steenoe,

That's the plan!

Kensetsu,

I have no problems with the cross-post to your GB, but I am curious about the need to quote a post of mine on a completely different subject! :)

Hi all,

I am back from a week long buisness trip to Jackson, WY. Need a day to go back and catch up on the thread.

If I ad 24 boards to the order that gets us to near 100 which is what I would like to see happen. When it gets to the 100 mark I think the board order should be placed. What do all of you think.... or should we wait a whle and go for more boards made?

It also looks like we should order both main and output boards at the same time as the numbers needed are about the same. I am undecided about how many of these to order.

What do you think Al?

Mark

Every group board order i ran across so far showed people desiring boards after the order was placed, i think ordering a small number extra is a good thing.
Posting a preliminary target date for ordering pops up in my mind.
In case there are no takers for residual boards i dont mind taking a few boards more.
If it were up to me, i'd place both at once, the reason for opting otherwise illudes me.

pinkmouse said:
I'm trying not to, I have a really bad hangover...

And i was thinking all this time the elephant was a drunk :clown:

A/K,

if you look at the wiki you'll see that currently the number of main boards is 18 higher than for the output boards.
Putting main and output board on one gerber should be the most economical solution.
Means there would be 18 surplus output boards for the takers.
I can imagine a number still interested in building a KSA50 with TO3's, only needing the main board.
ITPIR, i may be interested in a couple of extra output boards too.
i am currently building the Leach with 10 devices, with 2 of these output boards added i could go for 22 per side.

Hi,

I just posted an ad on audiogon and ebay advertising our 2005 Cardas Annual Bulk Buy. Is that against Diyaudio's policies? I put in a nice plug for DIY Audio. I would think that we'd like to increase our membership and access to items like yours. Anyway, is that OK? By the way, the reason that I picked your quote was because I didn't know how else I should get your attention. Remember? I'm a newbie when it comes to using this site.

Thanks, Nick

pinkmouse said:
Mark, I mailed you the link a couple of days ago! It should be in your inbox somewhere. ;)

Complete board:

Attachments

• krell.png
    krell.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 990