Krell KSA 100mkII Clone

Hi,
The MJE1503x have a much higher SOA than 968. This allows lower impedance loads to be driven.
968 would probably do if you were to only drive severe 4ohm speakers. If one were to drive moderate 1ohm or severe 2ohm speakers then I suspect that the 968 would become unreliable.
The MJE1503x will drive 1ohm all day to any level.

thomasfw said:
In short, is it means MJE1503x can be use in all statages ?
no,
the MJE1503x is a driver, almost heavy duty.
The latest 15034/5 has much higher SOAR and is capable of driving very low impedance loads when used with a high gain output device.
From the few samples I have from Onsemi there seems to be a disparity in hFE between the lead free and the older version.
Has anyone else found this or are better matches available for the newer lead free?
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1322622#post1322622

Heatsinks

Gentlemen

Some of you might remember that I was looking for some fanblock heatsinks a week or two ago to simply do a easy swop of the amplifier module in my existing KSA100 without having to dismantle everything. In the back of my mind I was also on the lookout for a good amp carcass that can can be used for the 100.2 clone. My experience with the local metal shops has not been that positive and I want an amp that also looks good.

The outcome of my search was that I ran across an KSA150 of which one channel is overheating and low and behold another KSA arrived at my house yesterday....

Jozua

Attachments

• 13-11-07_1951.jpg
    13-11-07_1951.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,109
Hi Jacco,
that Aragon circuit you mention above certainly looks similar to the KSA50 amp. PWatts' description of the original KSA50MkII is also similar to that circuit.
Is the Aragon amp newer than the KSA100MkII and the KSA50MkII amps?

Hi Jozua,
when you have time can you please measure the voltage across the zener diode in the original KSA50MkII - but don't short anything out.:bawling:

Thanks

Attachments

• aragon cct.pdf
    76.2 KB · Views: 274