Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Konzert Amps

Hi Audiomachines

Very interested in your know how of the Konzert Amps.

Recently I bought 5 Amps after using K2 and K8 for more than a year. Problem so far is stucked power relay on my K2. cannot be turned off. but still power and reliability is dependable.

Need to support my fleet of Konzert Amps. Planning to buy ahead spare parts as you have mentioned previously.

Need your help in the schematic.

Lots of thanks,
regards
Adonis

Re: Konzert Amps

hi asmara,

i seconded that, power and reliability is dependable, i have one K10 amp, the Power Plant, ive been using it for 1 and half year run but got no problems on it. i planned to buy new konzert amp, the V12 but still have to inqure and search further for the specs of the amp, audiomachine said that it's a Class H amp, better than K10.

Asmara14 said:
Hi Audiomachines

Very interested in your know how of the Konzert Amps.

Recently I bought 5 Amps after using K2 and K8 for more than a year. Problem so far is stucked power relay on my K2. cannot be turned off. but still power and reliability is dependable.

Need to support my fleet of Konzert Amps. Planning to buy ahead spare parts as you have mentioned previously.

Need your help in the schematic.

Lots of thanks,
regards
Adonis

CRELL ALPHA 1200

Hi guys,

Anyone who has experienced or used the CRELL Aplha 1200 power amplifiers.? i bought it last week but the the outer casing gets so hot,( specially covering the power transisitors )

Based on my Konzert K10 power plant, i run it in 2.6 ohms with clip limiters lights blinking, but its doesn't get so hot as the Crell.
I run the crell with only two subs a side, clip limiter doesnt lights, but run hot.:eek: :confused:

please share your comments and if you know their website please let me know also. i think its also made in china.

Distributed by Kolin electronics.

thanks guys

Hi Jay,

I dont have a crell alpha 1200, but my suspect is u get overload, because as u said u used it in sub speaker,

pls. check the specification of ur amp, I think the power capacity of ur amp is 1200 watts rms in 8 ohms bridge mode type, meaning to say ur amp has a capacity of 300 watts rms in 8 ohms and 500 to 600 watts rms inn 4 ophms per channel. So therefore if u connect it in sub speaker with a capacity 600 watts rms in 8 ohms ur amp will under capacity and at the same time all transistor will get to hot. also check the load impedance other type of amp is unablee to connect in 2 ohms specially for higher power supply rail.

rlg.

rlg_200 said:
in 8 ohms ur amp will under capacity and at the same time all transistor will get to hot. also check the load impedance other type of amp is unablee to connect in 2 ohms specially for higher power supply rail.

Hi,

There shouldn't be any reason for an amp rated at 300W into 8 ohms tdriving a 600W 8 ohm speaker to get any "hotter" than any other amp, if the amplifier isn't pushed to its limit. So perhaps that's the big question - is it pushed too hard?

If you think about it, there's more dissipation requirement in an amplifier designed for 600W into 8 ohms, running at 300W, than another amplifier rated at flat 300W into 8 ohms pushing 300W.

For a standard Class B amplifier, maximum power dissipation for the transistors occurs at 1/4 rated power output.

Cheers

@ rlg & Clem_o

thanks guys for the info...

i see to it that the built-in limiter led isn't blinking.
i tried few seconds to let the limiter led blinking just to verify if its functioning and it did blinks.

at the back of the amplifier specs are:
-600 Watts = 8 ohms
-825 Watts = 4 ohms
-1200 Watts = 2 ohms

in the Owner's manual:
-600 Watts = 8 ohms
-825 Watts= 4 ohms
-1650 Watts = 8 ohms bridge
-MAX RMS Output Voltage = 82 V
-MAX Peak Output Voltage =116 V
-filter storage = 120,000 mf
-damping factor = 700 at 8 ohms ( 10 hz - 400 hz )

the specs of my loudspeakers is 600 Watts RMS wired in parallel
(2 speaker per channel)

or maybe the cooling fans are smaller for the rated power. its only a 2U amplifier. the output transistors are Toshiba 2SC5200, (18 pieces per channel)

just wanna know why in the manual, it was not written for 2 ohms but at the back of the power amp it is usable for 2 ohm loads.

hi jay,

can u point what the output topology of that amp? if that amp is class AB or B. I think it is not suitable to connect it in 2 ohms load, because as I know Class AB is not recommended to connect into 2 ohms load unless if ur amp is class H. QSC audio did not connect into 2 Ohms load at high power amp, only at class H amp.

You said you connect it into 4 ohms that is normal load in power amp, but it will get hotter, maybe you are right the 2u heat sink is small, that is not suitable heat sink in high power amp.

you said also that at the back of the amp can connect in 2 ohms load, I Think that is the marketing strategy of the manufacturer.

How about the 8 ohms load at 600 watts rms did u try it? (single speaker per channel). what happen, It will get also hot the trannies?

Here is my only suggestion try to add the cooling fan or change the heat sink at bigger heat sink.

rlg

Are your speakers 4 ohms or 8 ohms each, and run in parallel, that would give you either 2 or 4 ohms - according to your previous post, the impedance is "2.6 ohms" - how did you get that, measured using an ohmeter?

If it's an ohmeter based measurement, note that when the speaker is dynamically working it exhibits back-emf characteristics similar to motors, and an ordinary VOM cannot measure this impedance properly. So, it is perfectly possible that your speakers are falling below 2 ohms at some frequency (particularly dependent on box tuning).

From the specs of the amp, running 2 ohms per channel is definitely pushing the limits of the amplifier. I'd suggest using it to drive 4 ohms /ch at the lowest.

Or perhaps the cooling fan thermal compensation isn't working the way it should? You may want to try increasing the air flow. Hot transistors are a sure way to shorten the life of the amp...

Cheers!

Hi rlg,

Oh, ok I get it. Well, definitely that's bordering on dangerous for the amp - speaker impedances can fall pretty much below their rated resistance.

I completely agree with limiting it to 4ohms.

Topology of the amp - seems that's a quasi-complementary design. Regarding class B or AB, pretty much the same thing save for the setting of the bias. Maybe the bias thermal tracking on the thing is bad...

Cheers!

jay & clem_0,

another possible reason why the tranies get to hot.

according to the spec of the amp is!!!!!!

600 watts @8 ohms/ch
825 watts @4 ohms/ch

according to jay they connect the @ 8ohms speaker 600 watts rms in parallel and it will produce 4 ohms 1200 watts per channel.. just look at the spec. it is only 825 watts rms in 4 ohms, meaning to say it is out of range of load power.

the solution is, just only connect in parallel at400 watts rms @ 8 ohms to produce 800 watts 4 ohms/ch.

rlg

@ rlg & clem_o

Hi guys, thanks for that very quick replies.

sorry some lacking specs on my amp.
As stated on the owners manual it is Class AB.
I would like to know how to tell my amp if it is Class H or AB? i mean not refering to the owners manual.

So many protections....
Tour Class protection : ACL, IGM, AutoRamp,Short Circuit, DC Voltage, Turn ON/OFF Transients, current inrush, Sub/Ultrasonic input

it would be impossible for me to change the hitsink to bigger ones, doing so, I will need to change the casing of the amp, maybe from 2U to 3U.

Yes at the back of the amp, 1200 Watts @ 2 ohms, based from my previous post it has 120,000 mf, capactor filter storage which is quite huge storage. Maybe that could be some manufacturer's reason that it can handle a 2ohms load... just my thought no technical basis.

the speaker specs based from the Manufacturer's T/S Parameters, maybe you've heard these speakers...

T&T Loudspeaker
*18 inch Dual Spider, Dual stack magnet
*Maximum Power handling = 1000 watts at 8 ohms
*Continous RMS Power = 600 watts

my connection is 2 speakers per channel, if it is really 8 ohms then wiring them in parallel resulted to 4 ohms.

yes ive tried connecting 1 speaker per channel, yes not so hot.

just wanna know why...

There's a higher power version of the amp, the ALPHA 2000 here's the spec from the manual.

1050 watts = 8 ohms
1500 watts = 4 ohms
2100 watts = 8 ohms bridge
Output topology =Class H

I wonder... how come this has lower filter storage which is only 80,000 mf? comparing to my Alpa 1200 which has 120,000 mf
just my thought, the higher power the bigger filter storage?

And also not stated in the manual if it's usable in 2ohms nor written at the back of the amp.

again, thanks for the help guys, ill post you some pictures of the amp tomorrow.
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.