Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
my bad.. i forgot that capacitors have lower reactance as frequency increases.. :eek:

that's right......i chose 20hz as an example since most music will never go that low anyway....the 20hz response is required to avoid phase shifts at frequencies higher than 20hz....

in case you are not aware, early ss amps used capacitors to couple the speakers to the amp, one such example is the Dynaco 120, considered a classic by some.....

@volmax audio

try using a 2uF/250V cap in series with a 3-6ohm 20W-30W resistor, you can experiment with the value of the resistor to balance the output of the compression to that of the woofer. Thou it will shift the crossover frequency a bit, try to set your electronic xover frequency a bit higher (i.e. 5Khz)

great! really works. . . but a little bit more thicker, i think this would make by using the driver with 3" voice coil. would you recommend some options/kinds of driver sir for me to buy which is not too expensive yet relliable? thanks a lot..

great! really works. . . but a little bit more thicker, i think this would make by using the driver with 3" voice coil. would you recommend some options/kinds of driver sir for me to buy which is not too expensive yet relliable? thanks a lot..

Konzert TDU500 would be nice it will fit in your budget, the diaphragms of your current compression driver must be made of phenolic since your complain it sound "thick" lacking that high end extension unlike those made of titanium

yes konzert tdu 500 has a titanium diaphragm ferro fluid cooled voice coil, yes that's the "norm" here in our place, this is what I recommend to my costumers, because some of them where really insane, they drive their electrotech's in full range mode with a Sound Standard CA20! freaky loud they even manage to shatter the aluminum dust cap of their JBL e120!

@ audiomachine
@ sir jojo

sir, can you share me the diagram for speaker phase checker? thanks

I am not recommending that you use this...it may damage your drivers.

but...here you go anyway...enjoy!

jojo

Attachments

• phase checker.jpg
    phase checker.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 594
I am not recommending that you use this...it may damage your drivers.

but...here you go anyway...enjoy!

jojo

sir jojo,

what are the "other" options for this phase checker that will not damage our speakers. I already saw one phase checker gadget. It has two part parts, a sound generator (not sure of the term) and the one that is brought near the speaker and gives color signs like green or red. is this similar to the diagram you have posted here?

sir jojo,

what are the "other" options for this phase checker that will not damage our speakers.

Smaart...using the Phase and Magnitude Monitor.

I already saw one phase checker gadget. It has two part parts, a sound generator (not sure of the term) and the one that is brought near the speaker and gives color signs like green or red. is this similar to the diagram you have posted here?

I think they are the same...

Magandang araw,
jojo

@ dj_jojo_md

sir i need your recommendation on what driver should i use for Mt 122 cabinet that can be bought in raon, something that is not too expensive. . . thanks. . .

We have tried Crown JH126 for the 12's and Konzert TDU500 for the Hi drive...we are pleased by its performance...but the original drivers will perform better.

Magandang araw,
jojo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.