Added some code to work with the scanner. And some hardware changes:

Counterweight is working. Motors can be turned off, no more whining noise:
IMG_20240426_152103126.jpg

All it took were some standard nuts:
IMG_20240426_152055027.jpg

I mounted the (bulky) arduino box:
IMG_20240426_152212617.jpg
IMG_20240426_152226314.jpg

And used a banana plug thingy instead of my protoboard to get power to the CNC shield:
IMG_20240426_152154132.jpg

It's starting to clean up nicely (for a prototype).

Reactions: 6 users
I added a counter weight to the scanner. Untill now, the speaker had been acting as the counter weight.

1714251147464.png

Does anyone have any ideas about the servo and microphone cables? I would like to keep them under control and not drag them around (e.g. over the table). Depending on the position of them microphone I could have 1.4 meter of microphone cable hanging free/lying around.

Reactions: 1 users
Of course you could do that. I would need (to buy) another microphone, microphone cable, audio interface, profiles, stepper motors, ...

Also, how do I say this... The position of a single mic is easily known relative to its starting position. A second mic would need its position known relative to the first one or one needs an algorithm to deduce that from measurements.

So using a piece of iron as a counterweight was a bit easier. :rolleyes:

Also, how do I say this... The position of a single mic is easily known relative to its starting position. A second mic would need its position known relative to the first one or one needs an algorithm to deduce that from measurements.
I don't follow.
The second mic is just the same + 180 degrees (+ additional error correction at first setup).

Since both are connected to the same arm (beam) the relative error is basically non existent.

So it's actually quite simple.