King Rex Tech T20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: banana jacks

t-head said:
The jacks fit standard dual banana plugs from Radio Shack with 3/4" spacing. I use them on my KingRex.

Good news. I'm addicted to my pamonas (to the point of sending an amp back because it didn't have standard spacing)

We have been thinking of a KingRex ... does anyone with the 20U have any idea how easy it would be to get at the USB/DAC chip's IS2 output so you could put something like the twisted pair DAC inside?

dave

Hi

Hello all, sorry for bringing this back up, but I am looking for a T20 here in the UK, but i am as yet unable to source one.
I would be very grateful if somebody can piont me in the direction of a UK distributor, or indeed if anyone is selling one I would be more than interested!

Thanks all.

Steve.

Kingrex t20u vs trends TA-10.1

I got both unites and testing them at home for a while. T10.1 (more then one month) t20u for more then 2 weeks. I don't have any fancy components. Squeezebox 3 as source and Denon's SC-70s (came with DHT-682XP). It has 87dB efficiency, I know not enough for tripaths).

I tried TA-10.1 with SMP and SLA and notices considerable improvements. Tried T20U only with supplied SMP. The interesting part is T10.1 vs T20u

T20u so smooth like silk fluid you can listen to it for ever. TA10.1 brings out the vocals to the front stage (Extract from the instruments). Sometimes I felt the singers are between speakers and singing for me. I am missing that feeling in T20U.

The highs are more prominent in TA10.1 Sometimes I feel unnatural and electric. T20U is natural. When it come to playing string instruments T20U is heaven.

The strange part is SPL. TA10.1 seems more juice than T20U. I know it is stange. Considering T20U pumps more wattage than TA10.1, it suppose to be other way around. . If I leave both at 12 o clock and feed the same source, TA10.1 seems to create more SPL. Can someone came acorss this? and explain to me.

I am considering to buy one of following speakers: monitor audio RS6 & PSB B25 . Has anyone tried TA10.1 / T20U with anyone these speakers? . I am going to do and audition with RS6 in a week or two. I will post the feedback.

Overall I am still debating. Most likely I will return TA10.1 back. However, I will be missing the liveliness of the vocals from Trends.

I would consider waiting till you have your new speakers at home and base your 'debate' on the results you get then.

The T20U fits perfectly to my Klipsch RF-7, the TA10.1 in combination with the RF7 is way to harsh/prominent in highs.
However on setups with less prominent highs the 10.1 could fit perfectly.

Thanks nightyy for your feedback. Since you have both Kingrex and trends, Can you check the following behavior that I came across.

Keep the volume at 12'o clock for both T20u and TA10.1 , keep the speakers and source same. did you notice TA10.1 crates more volume level that T20u?

I noticed that at 12o'clock position T10.1 seems to sounded more that T20u

hello all, i'm new to this forum and would like to say thanks for all the valuable info.

now, does anyone know if it's easy to bypass the volume control for the T20?

i read a comparison article for the T20 and Trends where the writer said it was easy to bypass the volume control on the Trends but he didn't mention about the T20.

i'm curious because there seems to be a noticable gain when people upgrade their volume pots and if it really makes a difference then i imagine bypassing it altogether would be better in my set up.

i ask because my set up has all my sound(2 Technics 1210s and Nad T515 cd player) coming into and out from my Allen & Heath mixer which already has volume control.

ok thanks in advance...

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: New UK KingRex stockist

hubsand said:
And they seem to be the first with info about their new pre-amp, which looks pretty tasty.

The pre-amp needed improvement IMHO... mine is probably going to get recycled into an active XO.

The T20U i really like thou. We did replace the (not quite 3/4" spacing) speaker plugs and installed better input coupling caps.

dave

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Re: Re: New UK KingRex stockist

planet10 said:
We did replace the (not quite 3/4" spacing) speaker plugs and installed better input coupling caps.

Yep, that's the ticket! The Bennic input caps are not bad, but it's easy to do better.

Odd about the "not quite 3/4" spacing" isn't it? Are they using a metric inch? Might have to talk to them about that. They usually take my suggestions. (You can thank me for the sweet little Noble pot and film caps, e.g.) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.