Kenwood KA-400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi gecko,
Okay, that's about 8 mA, proving those stages are active (working). Therefore I am suspicious that VR5 (bias pot) is open. Power down and discharge the caps. Measure on ohms across R33(68 ohms) and turn the bias control VR5. The resistance reading should change to almost a short at one end. Either that, or there will be no change and then an abrupt change. There may be a feeling of roughness in the pot at that point.

-Chris

okay, forget about it, I found what was the problem :smash: and it was all my fault, now I'm feeling like an idiot :dead: I have changed Q13 and Q14 for a 2SC1627 but I didn't realized that it has the legs inverted, 1-E 2-C 3-B, I just got the datasheet and noticed that :dead:
Well, now it's working perfectly, thanks for all your help, and sorry for the waste of time, I learned a lot of thinks though, like think before touch anything :D

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi gecko,
No problem. You learned something, so it's all good. If it makes you feel any better, I've done the same thing. That's one reason I take digital pictures beforeI take things apart. Sometimes the silkscreening on the PCB's are wrong too. I don't trust anything these days. Did I say how much I love digital camera's?

-Chris

Yeah, that's a good idea to take photos before doing anything :)

I still have a little problem, in one channel I have alround 256 mV in the output, and the output transistors gets a little hot in a while, in the other channel I have 50 mV, and it's working well, I'm not sure what is the correct current for this amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.