Jordan Eikona 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Eikonas are packed and sold as pairs by EJJ and Ars Harmonia. Resellers may have their own policy on this.

As 5.1 systems increase in popularity, we do occasionally have single units available. The only danger there is if anyone then decides to make up a pair, it could be a while before another single is available.

Ideally the three front speakers in a 5.1 should match but certainly for movies, most of the important sound is from the centre speaker.

Send me an email if you are after single speaker and I'll see what we have in stock. The address is on the website at

contact - E J Jordan Designs

Price Increases

Just been informed about the recent Eikona price hikes. Not good news for a re-manufacturer. The Eikona is a welcome improvement over the JX92s, but in my opinion you really need a zobel network to tame the rising inductance (this was not a major issue with the 92). Then you need baffle-step compensation. I have worked out a great way of doing this without using inductors or indeed anything but a resistor in the path to the drivers from the source, but again its not cheap as you need a very expensive capacitor in parallel. At this price point you really need to market the cabinet as much as the driver and that puts the overall cost up even more. In summary I am not surprised that there are not many resellers out there as it all becomes a very high end price-tag indeed. I feel this is a shame as there does not seem to be anything inherently 'extremely expensive' in the technology. Indeed the principles are elegantly simple (and you would expect a technicological improvement after the few decades since the 92). At the end of the day very few potential music connoisseurs will ever get to hear this technology in its recent form. Makes me a bit sad!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
£360 -> £450 / pr?

Looks like Candian price from Solen has not gone up, but from how long it took to ship i suspect that they may have gotten a fresh pair from COlin after my order, so the next set for anybody could cause a price shift.

The Eikona is decidely at a price point we have never been into before… Chris even made a comment about being very careful with them, near $400 CAD each. EnABLed they will be near $1,000 CAD/pr. The price of small numbers.

684991d1528137246-hawking-memorial-obelisk-hawking-unbuttoneds-jpg

I look forward to comparing to our matched/treated A10.3eN at almost half the price.

dave

Just been informed about the recent Eikona price hikes. Not good news for a re-manufacturer. The Eikona is a welcome improvement over the JX92s, but in my opinion you really need a zobel network to tame the rising inductance (this was not a major issue with the 92). Then you need baffle-step compensation. I have worked out a great way of doing this without using inductors or indeed anything but a resistor in the path to the drivers from the source, but again its not cheap as you need a very expensive capacitor in parallel. At this price point you really need to market the cabinet as much as the driver and that puts the overall cost up even more. In summary I am not surprised that there are not many resellers out there as it all becomes a very high end price-tag indeed. I feel this is a shame as there does not seem to be anything inherently 'extremely expensive' in the technology. Indeed the principles are elegantly simple (and you would expect a technicological improvement after the few decades since the 92). At the end of the day very few potential music connoisseurs will ever get to hear this technology in its recent form. Makes me a bit sad!
Hello Kelvin.
Can you share the values of the zobel and the bafflr step correction.? In the midst of building the cabinet
Thanks

£360 -> £450 / pr?

I look forward to comparing to our matched/treated A10.3eN at almost half the price.

dave
I'll await your results with interest Dave. I just ordered a pair of Eikona's to put in my columns and it sure will be an expensive speaker. I've been using the MA 7.3's until now but got intrigued when I read about the Eikona's. That also will be an interesting comparison.
Regards John L.
Rossland BC

I received the drivers yesterday. Now I just have to build a box. I would like to build it out of solid cherry, since I have 600 bd ft of it in my basement (and would like to reclaim the space). Anything special with regards to solid wood construction that I should be aware of?

I received the drivers yesterday. Now I just have to build a box. I would like to build it out of solid cherry, since I have 600 bd ft of it in my basement (and would like to reclaim the space). Anything special with regards to solid wood construction that I should be aware of?
I think that good accurate joints and correct volume of the enclosure are two important aspects to consider. Attention to detail will pay off and you'll do justice to the money that you've paid for the drivers. Good luck with your enclosures.
Regards John L.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.