• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

John Linsley Hood Ripple Eater

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Boards are in!!!

Hopefully have the testing and manual finished middle of next week and then ordering can commence. The manual will contain the ordering information.

Sorry for the delay, but unavoidable!!!

Cheers

Jon

Attachments

• JLHBrd1.JPG
    JLHBrd1.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 530
  • JLHBrd2.JPG
    JLHBrd2.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
ppcblaster
No, there are no CRO screen grabs available.
I did however check an installed version using the current limiter in circuit, when checking it's performance in my Class A preamp yesterday, in response to a query from the DIYAudio member who Jon referred to as successfully completing the first of the new versions. The total current drawn would have been around 250mA (100mA bias per channel)
My CRO on maximum sensitivity displayed very close to a straight line, except for a slight wavering which was still present with the probe short circuited to the earth lead. (It's an old CRO)
If you require more detailed information about the original design , please send me an email.
SandyK (Alex)

'Ere you go....

Just to keep you all excited!! ;)

Board built. Testing at the moment and finishing off the Manual. I'm intending to get the manual out on Friday. Ordering will commence Wednesday next week. I'm tied up with work over the weekend.

Cheers

Jon

Attachments

• JLHREsm.jpg
    JLHREsm.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 413
Manual is UP!!! Order Now!!!!

Finally, after much work behind the scenes (thanks AK and WW!), the boards are ready to order. Details are in the manuals.

Please download a manual from GT6

Beginners are recommended the FULL manual, but it's a whopper at 19 pages, 4500+ words and 30Mb.

Everyone else will get by with the Mini version (10Mb).

There is also a Part 2 which is a three page add-on. This contains a picture of a pair of boards, showing different cap mounting options, and a BOM-Mate for both Positive and Negative Versions.

Support will be via forum only, and the Official Build and Support thread is over at Rock Grotto.

Due to work and family commitments, I will be able to process orders on the following dates:

22, 26 July. 1-4 Aug, 8-9 Aug. I will be severely time-limited after these dates, so please get your order in NOW!!

Don't forget, this GB will donate all profits to Cancer Research UK.

Have fun!!

Jon

Last edited:
Jon just sent you payment for 6 boards, but noticed in the message I said 4 boards. As the payment total reflects, I do want 6.
Thanks for your effort on this GB.

No worries, six is noted. I'll be checking the postage totals and dividing the rest by 3.

The reason the site was down is because I was uploading the V1.1 manuals. Can't host 10 - 30 mb file here.

Sorry for the false start. However, I'm starting to get a good flow of payments without PayPal fees. Thanks everyone!!!

Cheers

Jon

10 please, Mr Clancy, but you already knew that :D

Just to say folks, I've been testing these boards for the last week or so, and they've taken quite a hammering during testing (soldering/desoldering components). No pads or tracks lifted at all, so very impressed with the quality of them.

They also work quite nicely, as well ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.