• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

John Linsley Hood Ripple Eater

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, You have outdone yourself Jon. These boards are beautiful and the instructions are more than I have gotten from any other buy. Very nice job and thanks for your hard work and charity.
Uriah

Thanks for the kind words, Uriah. :)

The real thanks should go to AK for the mods, WW for the layout and, of course, the late, great JLH himself for the circuit. :cool:

Cheers

Jon

Pleasure, Bob!

For info, the last package, apart from the ones going to Wimborne Publishing, is in the post. I'm going to be scarce for the next 3 weeks, but will ask for notification of any undelivered packages by Wednesday 25th August.

After that date, I will be posting final accounts and making the forum and Cancer Research UK donations. I can tell you now that it will be.... SUBSTANTIAL!

Cheers

Jon

I guess quite a lot of you guys will be using these JLH boards with the SCHA. So, here are a few shots of my (very) recent SCHA build.

It's housed in a Hammond 1455T2201 case - The fit was a bit of a squeeze, but we got there :)

Here's the completed amp:

4860630730_b1b2cf28af_b.jpg

The cover is quite a tight fit, but by choosing the right spacers, the Tosh transistors clear by about 2mm :eek:

4860639562_3def07ccdc_b.jpg

Here is a closer look at the stacked JLH's - I think they pretty good together...

4863242951_07ba8e562f_b.jpg

I used 20mm spacers between the boards and the T0 220 transistors just clear the top board. I used a M3 nut and a plain washer on the bottom of the stack.

4863256579_e7a553a9d2_b.jpg

As the SCHA regulators are LM317/LM337 - there is no need for current limiting - So here I have bypassed the CL circuitry with a wire link.

4863241283_4b03342703_b.jpg

I hope you find the pics of some help - Please feel free to post some shots of your builds :)

Ken

Was not sure what to expect with JLHRE and shunt regs, but yes, really very nice feeding my TP IVY III!

While waiting for a Jaycar order I did try Panasonic FC and Rubycon ZL 2200uf, @ C4, but the 4400uf Suntans are audibly superior for me so far. I have 2200uf Suntans to try yet also.

Thanks again for bringing this to DIYA, Jon.

compressit

The JLH RE is not quite as good as the fairly expensive Paul Hynes shunt regulators,but it has the advantage of being non voltage specific,
and it also draws far less standing current.
When using the 2 x 4,700uF capacitors, give it around 72 hours of use to fully stabilise. With the 2 x 2,200uF capacitors you will also need around 48 hours for best neutral sounding performance.

SandyK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.